User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom text blitter is crashing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom text blitter is crashing

I am trying to get my custom text blitter to work (based on Chris Burrows example) in html5 but it seems to crash the window in the browser tab (freezes the mmf app). It works great in all other runtimes, but for some reason isn't working at all in html5. Could there be a limitation to pasting lots of tiny actives to backdrops?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I own the full exporter. And the custom blitter code only uses actives and an array. The whole point of it was to NOT use extensions that aren't common. Something else must be causing the freeze.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the HTML5 runtime just freezes completely, sometimes the console will output a trace back, and that will help determine if it's a bug or not and if it's fixable on your part.

As far as I was aware, the Text Blitter object is only supported on Windows. (This object doesn't appear for me for HTML5 projects)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again it is a CUSTOM BLITTER that is using an array an active objects that are pasted to backdrops. Not the text blitter object.

I didn't notice any exceptions but is there a console in chrome that I can check for any errors?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, my bad. I don't use the extension or this technique, I misunderstood with the names being very similar.

Press F12 to open the Developer Tools, then choose the "Console" tab. (Also the same for Firefox and Internet Explorer)

When there was a bug with the Easing Object, it was pretty obvious it was the culprit because the console pointed this out. You may find something similar if it completely freezes the runtime.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is just reporting that I pressed the "E" key to initiate the sequence that causes the crash. No further errors, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the console output (as a e-mail notification) before you edited your post. (Not sure why..?) An Uncaught ReferenceError is probably a bug with the runtime and you should report it to the Bug Tracker to get looked at by the devs. It may well be an specific action/condition/expression that isn't implemented properly and causes the runtime to freeze up. Even better if you can provide instructions how to re-produce it or an example MFA to test.

You say it works in all runtimes except HTML5 so I'm pretty sure it's something improperly implemented with HTML5.

Uncaught ReferenceError: rh is not definedwindow.Runtime.CServices.extend.cndNewTouch @ Runtime.js:49359
    window.Runtime.CServices.extend.condition @ Runtime.js:49168
    window.Runtime.CServices.extend.condition @ Runtime.js:35220
    window.Runtime.CCndExtension.eva1 @ Runtime.js:44236
    window.Runtime.CEventProgram.computeEventList @ Runtime.js:27981
    window.Runtime.CEventProgram.handle_Event @ Runtime.js:27731
    window.Runtime.CServices.extend.generateEvent @ Runtime.js:35390
    window.Runtime.CServices.extend.touchStarted @ Runtime.js:48947
    window.Runtime.CRunApp.touchStart @ Runtime.js:17584
    window.Runtime.CRunApp.mouseDown @ Runtime.js:17506(anonymous function) @ Runtime.js:16172
    Please could we see your MFA? Otherwise, all I can suggest to run the events one at a time to identify what causes the runtime to crash.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I edited the post because the output was in reference to another error having to do with touch. That particular html5 project file had the blitter code disabled, which actually revealed this other crash bug. Unfortunately, I can not even open the debugger when this crash occurs. The tab in chrome seems frozen. I posted the code block you are showing in a different thread here: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/92763-Problem-recognizing-a-touch-in-html5.

The project is not for public viewing so I will try to make a new mfa with the bug so it can be reproduced in a simpler way.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blitter_w_special_characters.mfa

Here is the blitter alone. If you export it as html5 and run it on a server, you will see it simply crashes on start. The single line of text never occurs and the tab (in Chrome at least) doesn't even allow the debugger to activate once it has loaded. i usually have to turn the debugger on the moment the page is loading before the app has finished loading.

Hopefully this can lead to a solution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast