User Tag List

Thread: Progress Screen - Jump Frame or Give Reward

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progress Screen - Jump Frame or Give Reward

My fellow clickers, I am beyond confused by own doing and am turning to you for help. I am trying to make a progress screen for my game. After a level is complete, it jumps to the progress screen and runs a fast loop to compare values in the INI with requirements to unlock trophies and in-game rewards. Upon getting a reward, you are given the option to Continue or return to the Main Menu. If you hit continue, and there are more rewards, it is supposed to give you the next reward. If there are no more rewards to give or no rewards to give at all, it is supposed to load the next level, a random number between 11 and 50. Here is where my problems are:
    • On the "trackTrophies" loop, if no rewards are to be given, it should run the "All Set" group and load the next level. It doesn't.
    • After receiving a reward, if you click continue and there are more rewards to give, it should instantly show the next reward info by refiring the "rewardTrigger" alterable value on the "celebration" object. It does reset this value to 1, but does not change the on-screen info.
    • If there are no more rewards to give, it should run through a check to see which levels are available and jump to the next level. In terms of testing the frame, it should just close. It doesn't.

I have attached the screen MFA in question in the ZIP file. If you hit play, the screen is supposed to instantly close, but as you can see, it does not. If you reactivate the Start of Frame line under the "Hax" group you can see the trophy and a single reward animation, but hitting Continue does nothing.

Right now only the Tier 1 rewards are coded even close to correctly, so I will have to go through and fix the rest of them (tiers 2-5) once these three parts are working correctly. Then I'll likely have to make adjustments for Steam later on but that's a few weeks away, and will just require replacing INI calls with Steamworks calls. In the meantime I am only concerned about getting it to work locally.

Please help, Clickers! I am banging my head against the wall on this one.

progressScreen.zip

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't dug into this hugely, but your All Set group is being activated at the very start of the level (you can use a Play Sound action on the "On group activated" condition to verify this). Should it be? I'm also not sure what's going on in the All Set group - note that in a single-frame project you won't get any reaction to a frame change action, as the other frames don't exist.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I see where that problem is. On the trackTrophies loop, which is technically one frame-refresh after the Start of Frame, if the totalRewards of the rewards object=0, then it should activate the All Set group. The idea here is that if there are no rewards to give, it should jump to the All Set group (though perhaps I should put this line outside the loop as fast loops may be just a bit TOO fast for it).

The All Set group checks for which levels have been unlocked, generates a random number, and if the generated number corresponds to an unlocked level, it should jump to that frame (can probably consolidate this a bit more by getting rid of the global value call). The only action that should ideally happen in the single-frame version is the app should close, much as it does when you press the Main Menu button.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After an all-nighter and several cups of coffee, I figured it out with careful flag-switching and making sure the INI always has the values being referenced. That latter part was what was tripping me up.