User Tag List

Thread: Sound does not work on iPhones

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound does not work on iPhones

Hello,

The mp3 sounds my application html5 work correctly on PC and android devices, but not on iphones 4s and 5, according to two friends. I read some threads about it and tried some solutions like http://community.clickteam.com/threads/88186-Sounds-build-282-3-or-greater: copy lame_enc.dll to the ...date/runtime/flash folder of CF 2.5. Without success ... (It would not be for html5 folder?) Below the link to the sound test.

http://hydrographer-checkpoint-15210.bitballoon.com/

In the application, just one line:

1) Start of Frame
    Play sample xxxxx (mp3)

In "Properties" checked "Load all data start" and "iOS: wait for a touch." I also tried "Build HTML5 Final Project", but without success ...

My versions:
    CF 2.5 => 284.10 (Steam)
    HTML5 Exporter => 283.1 (Steam) [... \Clickteam Fusion 2.5\Data\runtime\ Html5\version.txt]
    Windows Seven Ultimate 64

Any help will be welcome!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try using ogg, ogg never fails for me. Mp3 files especially if they are small sound bytes tend to be hit and miss.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you aenever, but now I tried ogg file and did not work also on one iphone 4s...

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works fine for me on an iPhone 5. (Using Chrome and Safari.)

Note: Safari gives message "Touch the screen to continue" when Chrome just starts.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange problem. As it's specific to html, I'd write a bug report.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The export should provide two or more copies of the sound in different formats, so that web browsers that do not support it can fall back on the other one. Fusion converts sounds to OGG and WAV by default, but it looks like you're in need of an MP3 version that the iPhone 4S version of Safari.

You could manually open your resources folder and convert sound files to MP3, but it'll be convenient if you can get the lame_enc.dll file working. Web browsers either support OGG, MP3, WAV and/or M4A.

It's a pity Apple isn't too supportive with OGG.

Quote Originally Posted by advaith View Post
    Note: Safari gives message "Touch the screen to continue" when Chrome just starts.
    That message appears because of a limitation Apple imposed on Safari. Apple forbid a web application from playing sound straight away without the user first interacting with the page. The option can be disabled if desired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey friends, thank you for the help! But the problem apparently was resolved. I was trying to supply the CF with audios mp3 directly. But it is best to do this with audio WAV PCM 44,100 kHz, 16 bit, mono. When compiling the CF converts these audios in mp3 (if you are using Lame encoder).

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/88796-Best-format-settings-for-playing-music-sound-in-HTML5 (see Olivier).

Now the sound is played in iPhone 4s / Safari tested! If someone wants to test on your device, I updated the files with this method the link above.

[ ]'s

NT: sorry for the delay in reply. I was quite busy during the week!