User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to make shadow for characters.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make shadow for characters.

Hello! I want to know how to make shadow for characters and objects... if there is any extension or other thing that do it.
    Like in Rayman Legendsrayshadow.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, considering Rayman Legends technically uses 3D, I'm guessing it uses that for shadows and such. That being said, depending on exactly what you want to use the shadows for, implementing them using existing objects could range from being very easy to nigh impossible. And with that out of the way, I'm going to ask you: What kind of game do you plan on using them for? A platformer? A real-time strategy game? A Tactical RPG? Something else? Also, what perspective is the game going to be from? Side view, like a platformer, a side-scrolling shooter, etc.? Isometric, like some real-time strategy games, some tactical RPGs (such as X-Com), etc.? Top view, like some shooter, some real-time strategy games, etc.? That would kinda make it easier to help you out with implementing shadows.

Also, yet another case of an English thread being marked as French, making it harder to find the thread... *sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello @happygreenfrog ! I also speak French. I'm going to create a platformer game here is a picture about it.pride.jpg (it's a pic explaining how to play.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Speed! (no pun intended )
    In that case, I think this extension could be useful to you: http://clickstore.clickteam.com/shadow-object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    faber, that object doesn't work in HWA from my understanding. It's old, like the Raycaster object, and as a result it's also Windows-only. That being said, there are shaders for such purposes in HWA I believe. Also, if you want something a bit more cross-platform, and you don't care too much about the shadow following the floor (or the shape of the character*) perfectly, then why not perhaps just use an active object for it? It would probably look a bit cartoonier, but if you don't mind that then it's probably the best way to go (and, looking at the screenshot you put up, realism might not be too important here). If you don't know how you'd do that, then someone (possibly me, possibly not) might be able to make an example...

*Though, by using enough animations, it might be possible to make the shadow at least do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -@faber, I'm searching for a free extension ! if it's possible
    -@happygreenfrog, I want to make this shadow but without reanimating my character ! WALK__005.png

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it would require that, like, at all... I mean making a new, separate, extra active object positioned based on where the character is (a simple circle for the shadow may suffice, depending on whether or not you think a circle for the shadow would be enough). I don't have time to make an example at the moment, but once I have the time to make one, and if I remember to make one (full disclaimer: I have forgotten to make examples for people in the past, and I unfortunately doubt the previous time it happened will be the last time I forget to do so), I'll see what I can do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @happygreenfrog. That would be nice a circle active object! But how to make this circle always follow the character, and make this circle always in the ground (when the character jump). So hope you don't forget to make a tutorial and I'm waiting for

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry it's taking so long, but you're using CF2.5, right, not MMF2? Just want to make sure before I make the example, so that I don't accidentally make it in the wrong version. Also, come to think of it, are you using the paid version or the free version?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, @happygreenfrog. I'm using Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (paid version but not developer)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast