User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Running Out Of Memory

bagelsgames
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    @Baselsgames, if you are loading the video files externally, this will not affect the executable file size.

@Yves, thanks for clearing this up. I've assumed this was the case, I'm glad to know for sure now.
    I have no idea on how to do that... I'm still a noob with clickteam

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use either the AVI, MPEG or DirectShow objects to either directly point to the video, or you can load it via the event editor with these objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    >> While we're here, is there a 2gb limit on file size as well?

Yes.

About the 2 Gb limit, make sure you use the build 284, its video memory handling routine has been improved.
    Yves, I'm on build 284.10. I noticed the RAM usage will go down now in the debugger as I perform tests. Is this part of the improvement you mentioned? If so, this is great!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes, I think so.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any way to avoid the "Out of memory! Failed to save..." error?

In the task manager says that I'm using about 1.5GB of RAM... it's really frustrating because my system has 16 GB... I know that it's because CTF is 32 bit, but is there any way around it? options?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from optimizing/resizing your animations, I don't believe so.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out this little program and my problem is gone:

http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

To be honest, I also cleaned my pc and updated windows... because I was getting the error as soon as I opened a frame, even after deleting a lot of stuff.

I've been monitoring the task manager and now every few minutes, the memory cleans by itself.

So, I'm not sure if it was a system error that got fix with the windows update, or if this little program did the magic.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That... sounds like a pretty useful program, actually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool find.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it does really what it promises, it's really a useful tool!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast