User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Running Out Of Memory

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if maybe Clickteam could add the fix as an option in CF2.5 itself (based on the description of how it works it might be possible)? Because that would be a neat addition to CF2.5.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely very fast to patch an EXE. I can't confirm this works, but I can confirm that it didn't seem to cause any extra problems.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If it is what I think it is, then I think this won't work on all the versions of Windows. On what versions of Windows did you test it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity, which versions of Windows would it work with, in the event this is what you think it is, only older ones, or only newer ones?

If the answer is "only newer ones", then I see no problem with (and if there is a problem with it, you can feel free to tell us) it being an option (and possibly one that's only able to be turned on if your computer is using whatever version they introduced it in or later), even if it's only available on newer versions, because, well, I think some of us don't mind losing Windows XP compatibility if it means having 2GB of extra memory to work with. (And I don't mean an option for CF2.5 itself necessarily, I just mean having that for the runtime specifically.)

On the other hand, if it only works on OLDER versions, then that would be a bit of a problem, because that would leave us with something that ONLY works in Windows XP, and with how many people have newer versions and ONLY newer versions, that's when and why it becomes a bit of a problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I've been doing some testing...

As I mentioned before I started getting that annoying message saying that fusion failed to save because it was out of memory... and the only solution was to quit fusion without saving.

Now(with the patch), I can add hundreds of actives, animations, videos, you name it... I was trying to see if the patch works or not.

But as soon as I reach about 1 GB of RAM, it goes back to about 100 MB...

I did get the out of memory message once when trying to load a huge png sequence, but fusion refused to load it and the message disappeared right away.

After adding a lot of things into fusion, I finally was able to reach more than 2GB as you can see here: (I know it says not responding, but that's because fusion was loading a big animation)

But as soon as the animation was loaded, the memory went back to about 700 MB.

I don't know if this proves that the patch works, because fusion was using more than 2Gb even for a few seconds.

I'm using Windows 10 64-Bit, 16 GB RAM

Maybe someone else can do more testing to see if they can reach more than 2GB.

I'm not sure if it was the patch, or the windows update(perhaps it could be that my computer was on for about a week without restarting) but my frustation is gone! I'm really happy, and now I'm able to keep working without any issues.

I'll share some exciting news with the community pretty soon!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay guys, I have good news I can confirm that the patch does work in games! you just have to build it and patch it before you create the installer and it will use more than 2GB of RAM if necessary. It seems pretty stable as far as I tested!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running Out Of Memory

Hello friends, I'll try this because I have the same problems mentioned here, my game works perfect in the editor but not build in any exporter including Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3