User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Running Out Of Memory

bagelsgames

Running Out Of Memory

Hey! I've been using Clickteam Fusion for a while now, and I'm trying to make a pseudo 3D environment. I have been using the active object with pre rendered scenes. There is a lot of animation in these scenes, and it keeps eating up memory until Clickteam gives me the "out of memory" error. I have 8 GB of ram, and it seems to stop at 2GB.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CF2.5 can't use more than 2GB of RAM. I think it may have something to do with being a 32-bit program.

Also, just sayin', but if your game takes 2GB of RAM (and wants to take more), then you might want to do something a bit differently, since most people won't be able to run it, as far as I know. You say there is a lot of animation in those scenes? Maybe consider using AVI files or something like that, and displaying those using a video object?

bagelsgames
    I'll try that!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're here, is there a 2gb limit on file size as well?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    >> While we're here, is there a 2gb limit on file size as well?

Yes.

About the 2 Gb limit, make sure you use the build 284, its video memory handling routine has been improved.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the background maybe you can compress this video ? had you try that ? You can also compress all the sprite or crop them to save memory. If you have some loop animation (cyclic), you can divided them by half and copy past the frame of the first half...

bagelsgames
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    >> While we're here, is there a 2gb limit on file size as well?

Yes.

About the 2 Gb limit, make sure you use the build 284, its video memory handling routine has been improved.
    Shoot! I'm going to have to make really small video files if I want to make cutscenes!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Baselsgames, if you are loading the video files externally, this will not affect the executable file size.

@Yves, thanks for clearing this up. I've assumed this was the case, I'm glad to know for sure now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bagelsgames View Post
    Shoot! I'm going to have to make really small video files if I want to make cutscenes!
    Try using MP4(H.264) files instead of .Avi
    its much lighter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another option if your animations are not so complex you could get away with
    old NES anime sort of animation

here is an example:
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/92914-How-to-make-a-cut-scene-animation-Tutorial

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast