User Tag List

Thread: Game runs at 60fps but... room for improvement?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game runs at 60fps but... room for improvement?

Hello clickers!

Hope it's not a silly question: when I run my CTF platformer at 60fps (Frame Rate is set at 60 in runtime options + Direct3D 9 and V-Sync, scrolling is customized, game is optimized and 60fps value is monitored and stays stable during the playtime), I still can't achieve the impression of 'fluidity' in movement that I see in other games with the same frame rate.

To know what I mean by fluidity, for example, you can give a look to Guacamalee at https://youtu.be/40WgIHFWqvo?t=3m2s or Rayman Legends at 4:15. Please note that I'm not referring to animation frames, high-res graphic, etc., but just to the fluid way the camera and the characters move around the screen.

Are these benchmark achievable with Fusion? Are there suggestions or guidelines to furher improve this aspect in CTF games?

Thanks!
    Fabrizio

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi, Faber.

For some reason videos recorded at 60 fps play back at a rate that seems smoother than when you're playing the game itself. I'm not sure of the workings behind it, but I've recorded games with fraps that only get ~15-25 fps when recording, yet the playback was smoother than the 60fps achieved when not recording.

If your game is running at 60fps, the fluidity should match that of the games you posted.

For example: This is made in Fusion and recorded using Fraps

https://www.mediafire.com/?9s7cjqc1o473opo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you GamesterX23,
    I had the impression that videos played smoother then games themselves, and you confirmed it.