User Tag List

Thread: Direct3D Without Dissappearing sprites or crashing games?

bagelsgames

Direct3D Without Dissappearing sprites or crashing games?

For some reason, Direct3D crashes my game or causes the active sprite to disappear. The video below shows what happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Hc...ature=youtu.be

I'm confused. Because in standard mode, everything is fine. I would use standard mode as a quick workaround, however perspective effect is EXTREMELY laggy with re-sampling on. Without it, it works but it stutters.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't quite tell, but it looks like you have some large animations. Maybe it's the zooming effect?

bagelsgames
    The zooming effect is actually part of the animation.

However, I did fix it. I kept all the animations as one active object with multiple sequences. I guess clickteam can't handle multiple large animations at a time? :/

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you take a look at the Event Viewer in Windows and click through to application errors, you can get an error report which sometimes pinpoints the extension where the crash happened - that might narrow it down.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bagelsgames View Post
    The zooming effect is actually part of the animation.

However, I did fix it. I kept all the animations as one active object with multiple sequences. I guess clickteam can't handle multiple large animations at a time? :/
    Well, multiple large animations at once would be less than ideal (as in, if they are all playing literally at the same time, in several different active objects (if only 1 of said active objects existed at any given point in time it might work better)), especially if it adds up to more than 2GB of RAM, as that is kinda the limit on the amount of RAM that CF2.5 can use (due to being a 32-bit application, from my understanding that is a limit of 32-bit applications).

bagelsgames
    True! I made a workaround though. An intermission part. It seems like an intermission, but really it clears up the memory used. Its not ideal, but until someone makes a way to clear ram on clickteam, this is what I have to use.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest build has improved RAM usage. I've seen RAM usage actually go down when testing now in real time without reloading a frame.