User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to make admob work with new version of Fusion

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make admob work with new version of Fusion

Hi

Can anyone that managed to make their admob interstitials work with the new version of Fusion please tell me how they did it?

I installed the api 10 so I no longer get the compiling error. I also saw that with the new version you have to put the ids directly into the admob object and not into the app properties.

But I've tried every possible combination of ids and none of them seem to work. The most logical way to do things for me would be to put my publisher id into "admob id" and the ad unit id into the "interstitial ID" and then use the event "Show interstitial" but nothing appears. I've also checked that the condition is properly triggered with a counter.

Am I supposed to use the admob object in some other way?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's a bit confusing, but the admob id is actually just the ad unit id of a banner ad, while interstitial id is the ad unit id of an interstitial ad.
    and both looks like this: "ca-app-pub-#####/#####" (with numbers instead of ##)

also try making a interstitial request before show, then if it's available the condition 'is interstitial available' will be true, and then you can show an interstitial.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot for your help!

After following your instructions the interstitial ad now properly shows up.

I am however faced with another problem. It seems upon closing the ad (using either the X button or the back button from the mobile) , the application freezes. It then prompts me to close the app.

It appears the app doesn't just freeze instantly, as it allows another action before becoming unresponsive. I've put a condition to make the game jump to another frame when returning from the ad, and that works. But it freezes shortly after, and I do not get the time to press any buttons.

It also appears to move my frame elements slightly downwards , if I just stay on the same frame.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm trying to do different tests and see if it's a general issue or if it's related to my code.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I took down most of my code, and got left with 2 basic frames, the menu, and the high scores.

The only buttons that are currently functional are the "Scores" button from the Main Menu frame, and the "Main menu" button from the high scores frame.

If you press the scores button and wait for the add to appear, you will notice that after you close the add, the application will completely freeze.

If you hit that Main menu button before the add appears, however, the application won't freeze.

I think there might still be a problem with the way I'm using the interstitial event, but I can't quite figure out what.

At first I thought maybe it's doing an infinite loop, so I made a variable that gets incremented if the add gets dismissed. Unfortunately, that did not change the situation.

I've attached the example MFA demonstrating the problem.

Edit: It would also be really nice if I could somehow cache the interstitial in the previous frame, like I did for chartboost. I tried to make the request in the previous frame and then show the interstitial in the next frame but it doesn't work. Right now, I have situations where you need to wait 7 seconds for an add to pop up, which is a problem, since it means most people will probably miss the ads completely.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.

So I finally figured it out. The problem comes from the Api 10 (android version 2.3.3) . I don't know if the bug is from android or from Fusion, but admob interstitials created with this api will freeze your app when they close.

BEWARE!

I've changed the target to api 21 (android 5.0) and it works now. It also shows the ad a lot faster than before.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I purchase Fusion 2.5 but I can face problem Admob object is not insert in it please help me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need both the Developer version and the Android Exporter to use the Admob Object. (I don't think Fusion yet supports Admob for iOS.)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how long it will take for the request to be replied too? I am thinking of requesting of the start of the frame and then showing the add 30 seconds later after the level is over...

or should I be requesting just a second or two before showing?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by syed10165 View Post
    Hi,
    I purchase Fusion 2.5 but I can face problem Admob object is not insert in it please help me.
    You need the Android Exporter and the Dev version of Fusion

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotica View Post
    Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how long it will take for the request to be replied too? I am thinking of requesting of the start of the frame and then showing the add 30 seconds later after the level is over...

or should I be requesting just a second or two before showing?

If you do a request from admob, you will get it pretty much instantly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast