User Tag List

Thread: [Request] Adding Unicode Support for Ini++

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb [Request] Adding Unicode Support for Ini++

I've spoken briefly with the author Jax about adding Unicode support to Ini++ and a long story short: Jax himself is busy but he doesn't mind sharing the source-code to someone else who is willing to look at it.

The challenge and the problem is that Ini++ is an extension that has been in development for more or less a decade, thus the code is a bit messy and adding Unicode support is not something that is easily done. I'm no coder myself so I can't judge the difficulty of the task at hand.

If there are any extension coders here, interested to take a look at this: you can either reply here or PM me directly and we can discuss further!

Update: I forgot to mention that this is a paid request. How much exactly we'll agree upon after doing an estimation of the code and the time it'd take. I need to know if anyone is interested first however.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unicode support shouldn't be difficult, as the extension can internally handle the strings as UTF8 and just convert between UTF8 and Unicode when interacting with Fusion. That means most of the internal code won't need to be changed at all, just some conversions need to take place before and after processing. I'd be happy to give it a try.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That sounds great LB!

I've sent Jax a PM about the source code and I'll get back to you soon

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you LB for having a go at the INI++.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @ LB: You got PM!