User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Convert Chrono to String

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convert Chrono to String

I wonder if anyone can help?

I basically am using the time and date / chrono function. When the user clicks start, it starts counting up (stopwatch style). When the user presses stop, i need this value in a string so that i can upload it to my php table.
    I have tried the special/convert value to string but it doesn't really help.

Also, is it a bad idea to use the chrono for a way of keeping time?

The chrono function seems a bit bugged on the pc, but works fine on my android.

edit: i have followed some of the search replies but haven't had so much luck.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In which format you need this timestamp to be?
    Basically, to have it in a string, you would just have to do something like:

Str$( seconds of( "Date & Time" ) ) + ":" + Str$( minutes of( "Date & Time" ) )+ ":" + Str$( hours of( "Date & Time" ) )

If you need low digits values to have trailing zeroes, just do i.e.:

Left$("00", 2 - Len(Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" ) ) ) ) + Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" ) )
    (for fixed 2 digits)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give this a go, thanks.

I basically want it in 00:00:00 format.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Than this should do:

Left$("00", 2 - Len(Str$(hours of( "Date & Time" ) ) ) ) + Str$(hours of( "Date & Time" ) ) + ":" + Left$("00", 2 - Len(Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" ) ) ) ) + Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" ) ) + ":" + Left$("00", 2 - Len(Str$(seconds of( "Date & Time" ) ) ) ) + Str$(seconds of( "Date & Time" ) )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice working out schrodinger, For noobs or users that would prefer cut and paste:

Left$("00", 2 - Len(Str$(hours ) ) ) + Str$(hours ) + ":" + Left$("00", 2 - Len(Str$(minutes ) ) ) + Str$(minutes ) + ":" + Left$("00", 2 - Len(Str$(seconds ) ) ) + Str$(seconds )

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another way...

Right$("0"+Str$(hours of( "Date & Time" )), 2)+":"+Right$("0"+Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" )), 2)+":"+Right$("0"+Str$(seconds of( "Date & Time" )), 2)

By taking the right side there is no need to calculate the length.
    DT
    Special Projects Director

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know what formula to add to the above to work milliseconds as well? Many users have asked for a solution in the past yet in the forums no one has posted a simple solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome work guys!

My only slight issue is that using: Left$("00", 2 - Len(Str$(hours ) ) ) + Str$(hours ) + ":" + Left$("00", 2 - Len(Str$(minutes ) ) ) + Str$(minutes ) + ":" + Left$("00", 2 - Len(Str$(seconds ) ) ) + Str$(seconds )

The time actually starts as soon as the frame has started. If the user clicks the START button say, 10 seconds after opening the app - the time is already sitting on 10 seconds.

I'm assuming this is as it's using system time and not the date and time object.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Timer example on start of game

Hi Redsquirrel,if you use my cut and paste example just set the timer to zero when the user clicks the start button. Here's an example using the spacebar as the trigger

Timer.mfa

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Another way...

Right$("0"+Str$(hours of( "Date & Time" )), 2)+":"+Right$("0"+Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" )), 2)+":"+Right$("0"+Str$(seconds of( "Date & Time" )), 2)

By taking the right side there is no need to calculate the length.
    I like this more than mine

@ aenever: I was thinking Redsquirrel needed that for a Date&Time object,
    that would do with cut and paste if the user has a "Date & Time" object named "Date & Time" ()

@ Redsquirrel: minutes/hours/seconds written alone IS system (application) time,
    for "Date & Time" reference use minutes of( "Date & Time" )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast