User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flash Lacewing Client (Villys build)

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Flash Lacewing Client (Villys build)

Download: http://villy.net/lacewing/Lacewing.zip
    Includes CF2.5 and MMF2 version. To install unzip in your CF2.5/MMF2 folder.

Build #5:
    #Bug fixes:
    - I found a version which Mathias had updated which fixes binary messages.

Build #4:

#Bug fixes:
    - Expression ChannelListing_Name$ now works
    - ChannelListing_PeerCount now works

#Know issues
    - No UDP support, will never be resolved.
    - Get Host IP is not implanted, I might take a look at that.
    - Hydra has a bug, waiting on a bug report / away to replicate.

Donations are welcomed and too donate you can go to the MFA Repo (http://mfa.aquadasoft.com/). Donation link at the bottom of the page.
    Jean Villy Edberg

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot Villy.

In case this doesn't solves most problems regarding PC x SWF in mmf2 standard, can I pm you?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright I've figured out how to reproduce it:
    1. So please download the server and the client MFAs, and export the client MFA to a flash file.
    2. Run the server first and then run the client.
    3. After running the client, hit the space bar. The client will then connect to the server and send a single message.
    4. The server will run a loop 5 times and respond with a message during each loop. On windows runtime, this message is received 5 times as expected. However on the flash runtime, the client appears to receive one message but then displays an error and ignores the remaining messages.

Note: I'm using a flash projector (allows you to run flash files as if they were .exes). Also don't forget to put the server XML in the server directory.

FILES:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5nf6rzgbh...erver.rar?dl=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys I made another example. This one is more user friendly and better exhibits the issue.

I think the problem arises when
    1. the messages are sent too fast to the client (like when using a fastloop). This is NEVER a problem in the windows runtime.
    2. there are more than one piece of binary per message. Example, sending 2 shorts instead of 1 in the same message.

This example shows 3 different scenarios.
    1. The first button has almost a 100% success rate because it sends ONE short, and uses a list object to slow down the messages being sent.
    2. The second button fails almost every time and usually only one or two messages make it at all. This button sends a single binary message with TWO shorts inside it. Also takes advantage of using a list object to slow down messages.
    3. The third button also almost always fails. This is supposed to send the messages fast, and this is achieved using a pure fastloop to send the messages. Even though this message only sends one short per message, it still usually fails.

FILES:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gli14xb4ox...Test2.rar?dl=1

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New build which fixes a lot of stuff I will see if I can get all this code posted to Jamies git repo sometime!
    Jean Villy Edberg

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all this Villy, but I can't find where to donate to you?
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LB, you can use the Donation link on the MFA Repo (http://mfa.aquadasoft.com/). I will update the main post as I completely forgot :P
    Jean Villy Edberg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright this last version fixed every issue I had before. Very thanks and superb work, Villy.

However I found another strange error.... whenever there is a "On message received" only if it's for a channel, the client will get this error:
    Code:
    TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Objects::CActive@4d5ab51 to Objects.CExtension.
    	at Conditions::CCndExtension/eva1()
    	at Events::CEventProgram/computeEventList()
    	at Events::CEventProgram/handle_Event()
    	at Animations::CRAni/animIn()
    	at Animations::CRAni/animations()
    	at Animations::CRAni/animate()
    	at Movements::CMoveStatic/move()
    	at Movements::CRMvt/move()
    	at Sprites::CRSpr/handle()
    	at Objects::CActive/handle()
    	at RunLoop::CRun/f_GameLoop()
    	at RunLoop::CRun/doRunLoop()
    	at Application::CRunApp/loopFrame()
    	at Application::CRunApp/playApplication()
    	at Application::CRunApp/stepApplication()
    But it only seems to happen under certain conditions. I can't narrow it down quite yet but take a look at the "on message received command".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an example I put together showing how the "On message received" for channel is acting weird.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h88qf88e64...Error.mfa?dl=1

You'll notice that there is only one condition in the event editor and that is the channel condition. Also, you'll notice there is only one active inside the frame called "STAT BAR". This frame is actually straight from my project and this was one of the objects that contributed to the crash.

What I mean is, that if you were to try deleting "STAT BAR", the error should go away. I have no idea why this is.

The error also goes away if you tick the "Create at start" option (so that it is not created at start).

The weirdest part is that this object has NOTHING to do with the lacewing command; it's not used or referenced in the condition or the action.

Edit:
    I think the error happens when active objects are renamed. It sounds crazy but seriously try dropping an active in the frame with the LW object. Export and nothing will happen.

Now rename the active to something other than "Active". The error happens again.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am getting disconects using flash with mmf2-standard.

Is this a know issue? I have the slow down the messages?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast