User Tag List

Thread: Android File Read to array problems

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android File Read to array problems

A frustrating afternoon.....

What I want to do is read an array file (created in a windows Fusion app) in an Android app. I create an array using a listview under windows - this will be loaded into the android app for display....
    So I add the file to my app using 'data elements' - binary file.

Then it all goes a bit awry - I cannot read the file (using array-read from file) or file-is file readable. I've tried numerous combinations of file name including the path (or not) DataStorageDirectory("Android object") and various access permissions (read_external_storage etc) (though shouldn't be needed for application data)
    So I tried D:\File.name, D:/File.name, File.name, /File.name DataStorageDirectory("android object") + previous etc)

I also try to read a simple data file ("test.txt") and no joy - in case an array can only be read by the application that created it (I read in one pdf)

So please, somebody take pity and put me out of my misery. A simple example of how to read a binary file created on my main PC would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Martin

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS - has anyone managed to register a Steam purchased product using the website?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit more testing - the file is there. The array load from file isn't working. The array is created in a Windows app - and contains a table of data to be used in the android app (~71 x 3 x 1 grid). It is created using an ListView and then save as array object.
    Adding array to the windows app and attempting to load this file crashes (edrt.exe has stopped working) - though it reload perfectly into a ListView.

Suggestions - I may (have to) just change and save as a text (csv) or ini file

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnf_northern View Post
    PS - has anyone managed to register a Steam purchased product using the website?
    It's easy:

1. Go to the Community Passport
    2. Enter your Steam ID in the right box.
    3. Click(/tap) Add/Update my Steam ID

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - it should be easy - but when I try that I get 'Accessing Steam' then it fails with 'Profile Not Found'.

I got an error when I tried emailing ClickTeam using the address on Steam (mailbox refusing messages) and the web contact form also failed. Will try ringing them when I get a day at home..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solved.. I copied the ListView data to an array in the Windows app. Saved the array data to a file (rather than using the ListView save to array file). Works beautifully - may try again with the direct from ListView save - but as it's quick and easy to copy the data - it's a reasonable work around.