User Tag List

Thread: put videos in game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

put videos in game?

Hello, this is probally the most noob question i will have ever asked in my clickteam life, but how can i put videos ingame? Like MP4 files and such? I'm probally missing something extremly obvious, but can anyone help? i also searched the forums and couldnt find anything.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...yes
    full version, of course

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, this is probably the most noob question i will have ever asked in my clickteam life, but how can i put videos ingame? Like MP4 files and such?
    You can use the Direct Show Object. It's very easy to use.
    Insert the object and double click. Then you can choose between the following video formats: AVI and MPEG. For MP4 you have to select All Files.
    To make the video play at start, go to the Event Editor: Start of Frame | Direct Show Object > General > Play.
    The video file will not be integrated in your mfa file. The video at the chosen file location is required, even if you build your application.

bagelsgames
    This is possible, however be wary that Clickteam Fusion has a file size limit. You should try to use the Direct Show or Active Direct Show object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be noted that DirectShow depends on codecs on the user's system, so there's a possibility of a video not playing on another system (like Windows XP might not support MP4 for instance). You can think of it as a mini version of Windows Media Player. If it doesn't play in WMP, then it's unlikely to work in Fusion either.

If you find the video doesn't play, try converting to a different format.