User Tag List

Thread: Performance better on SWF than PC

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Performance better on SWF than PC

Hy again everyone.

This is crazy but my performance using lacewing no wis much better while running a SWF when connecting to my VPS than an EXE.

The difference is huge, using SWF I can get a smooth movement for all players, while in EXE they just "jump" to their X and Y position.

I can't even start to understand the cause, any help would be great.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What.

That's my initial reaction, so how about I say it a few more times as my next reactions...

What.

What?

What?!?

What!?!

What!

Wow.

Okay, sorry, those were just my initial reactions to that.

Maybe the Flash version of Lacewing is somehow actually better-coded than the Windows version? That's my best guess...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha your reaction, thanks, it leaked out some of my stress from dealing with Lace all these days.

yeah, shocked also, funny enough everything is normal when I play PC from Localhost, but it gets laggy as hell when sending info from the VPS.

The only thing I can think about is that the VPS somehow is better when sending info for SWF? if that makes any sense.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How often do you send movement packets? If it's every frame, you're doing it wrong.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure am my good sir!

Well I can't see another way around because I intend to do a real time-action oriented game with gravity and other physics.

The server handles the collision, while players send info about their X and Y to each other using channel.

Should I vectorize movement instead of sending real XY?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the server handle the collisions, why not have it handle the movement of the players as well (e.g. the player sends the server what buttons they are pressing, and the server does the rest)? Besides, if the movement isn't handled by the server then there will probably be more cheaters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot happy.

Thing is, I want to use "P.O" to determine movement, also I wanted the player to always have a 100% smooth movement in comparison to the "ghosts".
    It seens to me that handling 16 or more P.Os on the same server will slow it down.

I know that this may backlash, but I want to try this path first, maybe I just always update the player X and Y if it differs from server somehow, makes sense?

Anyway, I am trying a new method to send packages and see if I can enhance performace, will post soon.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that TCP (Send) isn't designed for 'real time'. UDP (Blast) is perfect for this, but Flash does not support it. Your best bet is to use dead reckoning - sending movement packets every frame in a 60fps game is asking for lag. TCP works better when you send data less frequently.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3