User Tag List

Thread: Getting DLC on steam

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting DLC on steam

Does anyone know or have experience with getting DLC on steam.
    I have a game which will soon be released on steam again and I was thinking of making a small story that I want to sell
    for a small price, something people can install into the Original game on steam.

This way I could make the base game for free and the dlc's for a dollar something.

does anyone know how this works? do I need patch creator or something?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on how you organize your files... if you can arrange it so that the DLC adds files (using a new depot) to the user's game folder and your game can recognize their presence, then you could do it that way. You can also add content to the main game after the fact with a normal update, and check using the Steamworks object to see if the user has unlocked it (I think... I haven't looked at this yet).

You don't need Patch Maker either way - Steam does the patching for you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!,
    I have been trying to do the second thing, but I can not find a feature Where I can let steam works see if someone already bought the game.