User Tag List

Thread: Create graphics for your games - tutorial

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Create graphics for your games - tutorial

Here is an easy way to make graphics for your games, using vector editors can make your life easier.
    Ink scape is free and it works the same way.

files_robot.zip

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing this makes me wish all the more that Fusion3 would support vector based images. Sure you can make your graphics in Illustrator, but most of the big advantages (like scaling, animation, filesize,..) become instantly redundant when having to save it as png (or other raster based images).

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to F 2.5 and when I was watching the video I saw an option to import at 300 dpi. Would that give a better visual and less pixelated? I assume it would right? But how much would performance suffer?

Thanks

PS. As a current AI user who will be terminating my subscription, for vector programs check out Affinity Designer or iDraw. Both are great replacements for game art creation.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from ease-of-use, you still have that advantage.

Anyways, yeah, vector graphics support in CF3 would be awesome. I'd probably find that more useful if only Inkscape would finally get support for vector graphics animations...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I really don't agree that using vector graphics is easy. I'd say the learning curve is massively steeper. Raster tools are intuitive - you just use your mouse like a brush/pen. Vector graphics tools are something totally alien.
    For the average user who doesn't already have years of graphic design experience, your best bet is going to be a good raster based graphics tool (NOT the built-in image editor or MS Paint), with support for drawing curves etc - then you get the best of both worlds.

The only way that changes, is if CF3 goes vector based.
    In a way, it would make sense for a tool like CF3 to be completely vector based (doing away with pixels as a unit of measurement, but still allowing raster images to be inserted as objects) - since its users are likely to be targeting mobile devices a lot of the time, meaning their apps have to adapt to a wide variety of screen resolutions - which is easier and looks better with vectors. I think it would be a bad idea though, for the reason I already stated - Clickteam makes tools suitable for beginners, and vector graphics apps are horrifically unwieldy for beginners.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, it took me maybe 2 days or so to get the hand of Inkscape, so I think it's possibly just you that has issues with it (or it's possibly just me that doesn't)...

Also, have you seen my non-Inkscape graphics vs. my Inkscape-made ones? If you have, then it should be pretty clear that I'm not exactly great at making graphics aside from using Inkscape.

Sure, it can be a bit hard to realize that the grid function makes everything so much easier, and it can be hard to realize how you are supposed to adjust the base image size, but once you have that down, I personally fount it ridiculously easy. :/