User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problem with parallax and snap objects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Problem with parallax and snap objects

I made a thread recently where I did not know how to snap objects to positions.
    I got help though with it and it was very simple (Set to Xmouse/32*32 etc)

So that is all good, now I have a new problem though. I want to still snap the objects to places, but I also want parallaxing on different layers. This seems to screw up everything though where there is any parallaxing on those layers and if you scroll and then try to place something it does not place them right.

I have made an example of what I have got so far, you can scroll with the A and D keys and you can create a box on the top layer (with no parallax) with the 1 key, then use mouse to place it somewhere. This layer works good. Then you can create other boxes with the 2 key and these are placed on a layer with a slight parallax behind the other. This works also fine as long as you don't scroll. But if you scroll and then try to place on this layer again everything gets screwed up..

I have also recorded a video to better show what I mean: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmew1638hl...oblem.wmv?dl=0

Do anyone know of a way to solve this?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know a solution to this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how big your scrolling layers will be, or how much objects they will contain eventually, but maybe this is an (overly complex) solution. Could you make a set of invisible objects fixed to the parallax layer, and use them as placeholders. Then when you drop your objects, let them snap to the invisible boxes.
    There's bound to be a better solution, but this is the only one I can think of right now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm that does sound like adding additional complexity to something that is rather simple now. There must be a way to adjust the calculation to make the objects be placed evently no matter if you scroll?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the X coefficient is set at 0.8, the X position of all objects on that layer are offset by X Left Frame - ( X Left Frame * 0.8 ).
    As a consequence, the "grid lines" on the offset layer are now out of sync with those on the main layer and you need to take that into account.

XMouse / 32 * 32 simply becomes XMouse / 32 * 32 + Offset mod 32.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Chris! Thanks a lot! (please do more tutorials and articles on your site soon! )

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a new problem with this now!

It seems there is something happening if you scroll and then place objects and then reload the frame. I have it set up now so it saves all the objects x positions in an ini, and then when the frame is restarted it loads those x positions. But because the X positions seems to "move" when you are scrolling because they are on a parallaxing layer it gets messed up :/ How can I fix this?

I have also recorded a video of this happening: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kaco7lupe...63248.wmv?dl=0

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set the horizontal scrolling to 0 prior to saving and loading. Either that or each layer's x-coefficient to 1.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outcast. See if my open source World Editor, on my website, helps. It supports scrolling.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nivram!, but it seems setting the X coefficient like ChrisBurrows suggested solved it for me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast