User Tag List

Thread: [Request] GameJolt API Extension

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb [Request] GameJolt API Extension

Hello, I have a suggestion for an extension which would help a lot of people out of trouble, which is the GameJolt API Extension.

If you may not know, GameJolt is a site focused on games and has its own API that can fetch user profiles, achieve trophies in-game, place scores online and create data storage for your own game. It provides devs the servers and it is simply really useful, so if you haven't seen it yet, check it out.

The API is pretty simple itself, it is how the object parses and makes the data available to the user, that needs to be done the most.

I've already made a GJ API widget which you can have a look at here. But it is really ineffective (Complex for users, one command at a time - you will have to wait for the get to finish then INI++ to place the parsed get info into itself)

In the documentation, it says what are the requirements and such for the command to be taken.

Example properties:
    Game ID = 0
    Private Key = ""

An example Condition could be:
    GameJolt API Object > Users > Authentication Successful?

An example Action could be:
    GameJolt API Object > Users > Authenticate >> [Enter Username : ""] [Enter User's Token : ""]

An example Expression could be:
    GameJolt API Object > Show latest failed message
    GameJolt API Object > Users > Logged in User's name [UserName$("GameJolt API Object")]
    GameJolt API Object > Users > Logged in User's Token [UserToken$("GameJolt API Object")]
    GameJolt API Object > Users > Fetched User's Avatar URL [FetchUserAvatar$("GameJolt API Object"), "username")]

I've already figured out how to make the API work, this is what you need to do in steps:
    (You can also have a look through on my GJ API mfa)

1. Make a string variable (I'd call it GJ_URL) that has "http://gamejolt.com/api/game/v1/" for convenience

2. When you want to get info from the server, you have to hash:
    GJ_URL+"/users/?game_id="+game_id+"&user="+username+"&token="+tok en+private_key
    (Example for User Authentication)
    Then as the GET url, do:
    GJ_URL+"/users/?game_id="+game_id+"&user="+username+"&token="+tok en+"&signature="+signature
    (You could also do a POST)
    3. Then, parse the outcome from the GET into groups of INI or something else

I parsed the outcome into an INI for the INI++ Object to use.

And... That's really it, I believe

I have tried doing this myself but my brain is not capable of doing this and I have little to no knowledge of C++ and the Fusion SDK

I'd greatly appreciate if someone would do this, I'm just a 15 year old which used the clickteam series for a very long time, but nothing else.

And I also sorry for the Huge wall of text I have written, I just want to make sure that everybody understands what I'm saying.
    Thank you!
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you even able to use Ini++ object at all? The API is in JSON format, isn't it? I would do this if I had time, but I am busy with other projects at the moment. For now the GET object and JSON object should be sufficient, even if inconvenient, right?
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The API is available in keypair, json and xml.

Key pair (which I used) looks like:
    "success":"true"
    "message":"something"
    I've parsed it with the tokenizer and remade it together inside INI++

Why I want this to be done is because many people are confused about the current API, there are bugs that I can't even explain and there just is too much delay you have to place between each command, no good functions could be made with the widget I have made (e.g. You had two trophies achieved at the same time, fetching multiple users (Or quickly one at a time), editing keys in the datastore quickly, etc)
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™