User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would you pay for extension ports?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb What would you pay for extension ports?

Heyo folks,
    Recently I was made fully self-employed, so I have to keep my expenses at a minimum. However, I gained access to an Android phone, but I don't have the income to justify buying the exporter, even though I'm familiar with the coding language Android extensions are written in.

If I get sufficient funds to buy the Android exporter, I will port all my extensions over (plus I can do future requests for Android, as well). What I need is the community to fund those exporters, as a public vote of sorts, about whether my having the exporter would be worth their while.

Extensions I have made, which can be ported:
    Bluewing Client
    A remake of Lacewing Relay Client with a newer liblacewing, fewer bugs, stricter usage, multithreading, and a couple extra features
    DebugObject
    A program that lets you run events when the app crashes, and provides extensive logging and error report functionality.
    ZlibStream
    A snazzy ext for compressing/decompressing files in the background (multithreaded)
    FixedValueList
    An ext for looping through all the object instances in the frame, for all object types

#############################################

Other extensions that I have source code for, and if sponsored I can finish/port:

DarkSocket
    A very flexible socket object that allows you to latch onto any type of communication type, from HTTP to ICMPv6, and communicate with raw messaging.
    Download object
    Francois' download object allows you to download up to 4 files at once. Source was originally gained for upgrading it to unlimited files...
    TabControl object
    Looki's TabControl object. Source was provided so it could be converted to Unicode, which was completed.
    PortAudio
    A live audio streaming extension suitable for VoIP, online voice chatting, etc. Abandoned.
    RangeHandler
    Turns a list of numbers into a range-separated list ("1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9" -> "1-6,8-9"). Abandoned.
    SHA-1
    Allows you to hash files rapidly. Was created when QuickHash object had a bug that caused Fusion to crash.
    Stochastic Utility
    Nifflas' many useful functions. Source provided for public viewing.

... and of course, any other extension I'm sponsored to convert, I should be able to.

If you're interested in sponsoring me, I've made a GoFundMe. This is actually an experiment of sorts. Android exporter costs £60 typically, but if it carries on to £110, I'll be able to buy the HTML5 exporter as well.

Also note, I already have Fusion 2.0 and 2.5 Dev, so I can code for dev-only extensions and code for MMF2.

Donate here!

And comment below which extensions you think I should port first.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. If I had the money, then, even though none of your current extensions interest me all that much (Bluewing aside), I'd probably contribute. Actually, come to think of it, that compression object could be useful for Android as well...

Still, I did say that "if I had the money" I'd probably contribute, and, unfortunately, I personally don't have much money (though my parents have quite a bit more, I'd imagine that a lot of that goes towards running their business and getting food and other such important things).

Ah well, I hope you get the funding! Maybe one day I'll have the money to contribute towards this sort of thing, though, if one of my games take off and it happens to be one that I plan on selling (and, well, one that I would actually be selling at the time it does take off, it's just I technically am not selling any games right now, but that's aside of the point)...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An anonymous donator just paid the full thing! I wasn't really expecting that.
    I've sent them a private message asking what extensions they want me to convert first.
    I'll post a screenshot of the two purchases in the thread in a sec.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	17097
    Tada!
    He wants me to focus on Lacewing/Bluewing, so I'll be doing those first. Lacewing already has an Android export, technically, but he also wants the server updated, as well as ports to HTML5.

The donation page is still up for anyone who wants to fund! Additional funds will go to paying my hours, as it were.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well done Phi.

Looking forward to seeing some development from you.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No pressure... >.>

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chanse of iOS extensions? We really really need lacewing/bluewing on iOS! (cross-platform )
    I'd definitely be willing to donate, especially if it works with my current pylacewing server.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a possibility, if someone funds a Mac device, an iOS developer license, and the Fusion iOS exporter... but that'll cost hundreds.

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep this is the bigest problem with IOS extensions.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up for expanding the GoFundMe, but it really is questionable if it'll go through. If people are interested in putting a few bucks in I'll open it up and see if I can get the full thing out of the several-thousand-strong community.
    If not... it'll be answering the question of "how much".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast