User Tag List

Thread: The DialogBox Expression Help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DialogBox Expression Help

Hi all,
    I want to do something specific with a Combo box in the DialogBox
    I don't see an option in the expression editor to retrieve the current line of a combo box, anybody know if there is a way I can achieve what I have shown in the attached example?

Thanks

Dialog Box Example.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems you've overlooked the expressions in the DialogBox object.

You need to get the text from the item with the current selected item number from the combo box submenu:
    Val(CBItemText$( "DialogBox", "CmbCells", CBSelItem( "DialogBox", "CmbCells" ) ) )

But be aware it will occur this bug: Issues with Combo Boxes in the Dialog Box

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gustav thanks for the reply, I already tried that. Perhaps I should be a little more clear.

If you look at the regular Combo Box with the counter beside it ....as you mouse over the numbers(the highlighted line) in the Combo Box the counter updates to the current line in the Conbo Box.
    I can't do that with the Combo Box in the DialogBox.

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah... I think there is no way to do so. Maybe it's something you want to request as feature in the bug tracker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I already have http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/3119
    I was just hoping for a temp work around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. But maybe you should complement that you mean this should happen when the list is dropped.
    Not that they get confused like me...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, I will do that.
    Thanks