User Tag List

Thread: Fusion 2.5 developer is generating virus checker false positives

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion 2.5 developer is generating virus checker false positives

I tried to send my friend an .exe that I build with Fusion 2.5 develeoper, but his antivirus (BUllguard) stoped the transfer and said it was unsafe.

So I ran a scan on the .exe through virustotal and found:

PE:Malware.Obscure/Heur!1.9E03

This malware was also found on older .exes that was made with standard version of fusion 2.5. I scanned the Fusion2.5.exe and the .mfa and they were clean. Which leads me to the conclusion that the software generates it.

How can I fix this? It's quite problematic for a dev/designer to have this on their products.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is just a false positive. It is very common with heuristic scanners

Once you have made a final build, you could contact the antivirus companies that flags it and let them know their mistake

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the "Compress the runtime" option checked (found under the Application's Properties → Windows tab), uncheck that. The self-decompression techniques would also cause some antiviruses to go crazy.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, definitely make sure the runtime is not compressed - and see if you can send the EXE to Bullguard with a report of a false positive - they should have a link along those lines on their site somewhere.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    compress the runtime is not checked. antivirus Rising detects same "malware". I will try to report this as a false positive. However I have no deep understanding of malwares

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any objects you're using that might be causing it? I think there was some mouse-related object that virus scanners don't like...

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, things that have the potential to move the mouse automatically or grab the cursor in some way are often detected as potentially malicious.