Breakout style game: Bouncing ball games

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • I have Clickteam Fusion and The Game Factory 2. I am creating a Breakout style game. I want to get the following effect: When the ball collides the paddle and depending in which part of the paddle it touches the angle of bouncing changes in order to have better control over the ball. I have an example of an ActionScript 3.0 game created by my friend that has the effect I'm looking for using TGF2 and CF2:

Please login to see this link.

Please, watch it and try to explain me how to get this bouncing effect in any Clickteam product!!!. Thanks! - Nicolás Matías Funtalas.

• Hi there Nicolás, here is a video example :D
    [video=youtube_share;gYKxF1DwYdI]Please login to see this media element.]

it's super simple. :pacman:

Please login to see this link.Please login to see this link.
    Take a course in Clickteam Fusion Please login to see this link.
    Youtube Please login to see this link.
    Please login to see this link.

• In Flash this is the formula to get this behaviour when the ball colides with paddle:

function bounceAgainstPaddle():void
    {
    var position:Number=ball.x-paddle.x;
    var percent:Number=(position / (paddie.width - ball.width)) - .5;
    ballVelocityX=percent*10;
    ballVelocityY*=-1;
    }

I memorized this formula. Can you explain me why it produces that behaviour of bouncing with the paddle depending which zone of it touches???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!