Thread: Not submitting data to server

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am looking at event line 4
    Not sure how that is suppose to work.

When I run the MFA in windows I never get the submit button to light up so I can click it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing - I had a problem like that with html5 -
    it would work for PC but not for html5 -
    And it was because CORS was not enable in my server.
    Sometimes you need to enable that in your php code.

Try it out that might be the problem. here is the video how to do it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried your application and realized that the values passed to the url from the combo boxes and text should be URL encoded, or else you will have problems on android.
    Special characters like space have to be converted to %20 for example...
    This could be easily fixed by using the GET object function called URLEncode$( "Get object", >The text from the inputs<)

Your URL should look like:
    "http://fakedomain.com/primary/new.php" + "?name=" + URLEncode$( "Get object", Combo Select$( "Combo Box" ) ) + "&school=" + URLEncode$( "Get object", Combo Select$( "Combo Box 2" ) ) + "&worklog=" + URLEncode$( "Get object", Edittext$( "Edit Box" ) ) + "&time=" + URLEncode$( "Get object", string$( "Time" ) )

Replace the fakedomain.com with your server domain

You will still have some issues with text using single quotes... you should convert the single quotes character by using the html equivalent code ( &#39; ) just to be safe and prevent some hacking attempts.
    I did not test it, but try replacing ' with &#39;
    You can use the String Parser object for this and you should use it on the Edit Box value because this is the only field with custom values from the user.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. It's not the CORS thing - tried that.

I also replaced the code with MPnetbox suggestion, although now data doesn't seem to post from android or PC.

Someone must have got it working as there are four entries in my database ("double quote test", "working on mobile device") etc (assuming that was MPnetbox) I'll keep trying though!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just downloaded your file and tested it on PC... but it doesn't seem to be working. Can you post another file?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    strange..

(this is the basic file without the URL ENCODES)

workappclick.mfa

in any case, you need to choose a name, school and press the start and then stop and have some text in the edit box before the submit button shows up.

to view results, use http://www.boallama.co.uk/primary/display.php

thanks again

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsquirrel View Post
    Thanks guys. It's not the CORS thing - tried that.

I also replaced the code with MPnetbox suggestion, although now data doesn't seem to post from android or PC.

Someone must have got it working as there are four entries in my database ("double quote test", "working on mobile device") etc (assuming that was MPnetbox) I'll keep trying though!
    Those were my entries using my phone, so i know that it was working (except when using the single quotes because it would probably break the sql query)
    I will take another look into this and i will reply in a few minutes with the working example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished fixing your application and is now submitting the data to the server. I even fixed the single quoting issues so that it won't break the sql query.

workappclick_working.mfa

Hope that this will fix all your submitting issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    absolute legend! working great thanks and i learnt a bit along the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2