User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Embedding an EXE Into Fusion App

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embedding an EXE Into Fusion App

I'm wanting to embed an EXE in to my application. I'm using the Special Object to do this. I have embedded the EXE in to my application as adding it to the Data Elements in the Binary Data tab. When it runs the "external" application, the application seems to pop out of my Fusion 2.5 application. I'm wanting it to appear as if the EXE is part of my actual app. I plan on using the Window settings to get rid of the File menu and so forth in my application.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you want to embed another EXE in your app?
    Did you make this other exe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not create the initial EXE, but I have PLR (private label rights) access to it. The issue is that I receive emails when the software has an update, however, I'm looking to redistribute it as it's PLR. I'd rather have an actual update system. My idea is to embed the EXE in to my EXE, which will, for the most part, be a blank app, expcet that my app will also check for updates. That is, when updates for the software come out, I'll create an updated version, which will be accessible via the update feature. I'd rather do that then have users have to wait for an email for each new update. It would be more professional to have the software update itself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the other EXE updates your program, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The EXE that the other EXE will be wrapped in will update the program. It's the only way I could think of to have the PLR EXE be able to be updated. Granted, I could contact the original EXE creator, but I don't believe they'd do this as it's sold as PLR. My option is to simply wrap the PLR EXE in to my own Fusion 2.5 EXE as I've developed my own updater using Fusion 2.5 Developer.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Virus scanning programs are going to go nuts with a embedded exe.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marv, that is true. In fact, while working on the project and testing it, my AV, AVG, detected it as a suspicious file. For that I'll submit through Virus Total to get an idea which AV engines are picking it up as a false positive. I'll then submit a false positive report to the AV companies. I know that submitting it to the AV company is not guaranteed, however, it's the best I can do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, how did you actually make an updater? I made a Check For Updates system, but not an actual updater.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen this question asked in the past. Unfortunately, it is very unlikely (or impossible) to embed another EXE you didn't create inside your Fusion application, unless it's been created with Fusion and exported as a CCN (external sub-application). The only way would be to let it run externally in its own window.

Marv's spot on about antiviruses going mental. It's best to avoid an EXE that self-extracts another EXE. It'll need to be extracted either way to run, I believe.

Since you're looking to protect the other EXE with your updater, you could consider encrypting the EXE and decrypting it to a temporary directory to run?

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    The Virus scanning programs are going to go nuts with a embedded exe.

Marv
    No if you know how to do it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast