User Tag List

Thread: Android Object Works on Iphone!!??

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android Object Works on Iphone!!??

Hey guys

I've just experienced the strangest bug and I want to hear if anyone else has experienced this. At least, it seems like a bug - but it's what I want!

Basically, I built my game, The Nodus, entirely for Android initially. All the saving and loading is done through arrays using the Android Object. Today I turned the Android project into an iOS project and haven't changed any of the Android Code - the saving still uses the Android Object. I put it into XCode, just wanting to check if the game works, expecting to have to reprogram the saving and loading with an iOS Object or something, but lo and behold, the saving worked!

Has anyone else experienced this and can anyone explain what's going on? This is literally the code I'm using to load arrays in the iOS project:

( DataStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "save.arr" )

And yet it's saving and loading on iPhone! I'm a little afraid to publish it on the App Store and find it's just a bug on my phone. I'm not sure what's going on but it seems like a good thing! Should I trust it?

Cheers
    Simflare

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it just Will Be ignored

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very weird.......in theory, all android objects and codes would be ignored......but I dont know....maybe in this expression ( DataStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "save.arr" ), the red part was ignored? then remaing only ( "save.arr" ), that is a expression thats work on iOS...

Dont know...its just a theory....maybe someone of Clickteam can reply this.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are right, paobrasil - the red part will be ignored, the image will be saved on ios as "save.arr" - it would be the same as "" + "save.arr"

btw, i think on Android you have to use: ( DataStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) +"/"+ "save.arr" ) to put it into the folder you want

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know StingRay

I'm using: DataStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "/save.arr"....its working fine.....I think I got this by Fernando