User Tag List

Thread: Help with saving and loading objects position to Ini

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help with saving and loading objects position to Ini

I am trying to do a game where you can build things and their positions are saved to an ini and when you start the game over you can load the game and the what you have built is loaded back. This works well, but I can't get it to work when destroying stuff. Do anyone know how to do this? So you can build say 3 things, then destroy 2 of them and have them be "destroyed" in the ini so the next time you load they are not there anymore. I got it halfway in my real project, but there was something strange where you sometimes destory something and then when you load things swap places. I have uploaded a simple example of what I am trying to do but in this example the destory event does not even work for saving it. Maybe someone can take a look and see what can be done and how to fix this? I think the way I do this could be done much more efficient also? :S I feel like I am doing something fundamentally wrong in approaching this whole problem..
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under MISC on my website, there is Hex Map Editor 3.1. Take a look and if it helps I can upload the mfa.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nivram, not sure how the example works though? I just get a white box and a "search" bar.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been wanting to do an example like that, i keep forgetting I'll put it on list on tuts to do.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should really be using an array for this sort of thing. Ini's are usually used just to store settings variables.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yapppp, array probly would be easier to manage the data, it can totally be done with ini too but using the array object would make your life easier for handling a lot objects.