User Tag List

Thread: Get Android Project instead of APK

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get Android Project instead of APK

How can I get a pure Android Project instead of an APK? I want to create some native Java code/custom extension and have the benefit of debugging.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's very useful, this is my trick to do it:
    disconnect your android device and do a build-and-run, this should make fusion stuck after compiling and not automatically delete the temp files.
    open the folder C:\Users\[YOU HERE]\AppData\Local\Temp
    sort by date and your project folder will be the latest AndXXXX.tmp folder
    wait for the RuntimeAndroid-X.apk files to appear in the \bin directory, then you know fusion is done compiling your project.
    copy the entire folder somewhere else, you now have the entire raw android project source code!

to compile, delete the entire contents of the \bin directory, open a command prompt on the root folder (hold shift and right click) and type "ant release" to compile release version or "ant debug" to compile debug version.

after you have this folder it's possible to keep it for your project while still working in fusion, when you build application, browse to the root directory and hold down the shift button the entire time while you save, this will compile a lot faster and replace the res\raw\application.ccn, updating your project (but you can't add new extensions, and be careful with android options/settings in fusion)

one last tip! after you compile your RuntimeAndroid-release.apk, to install it on your device, uninstall it from your device first, open the android sdk\platform-tools directory, copy the .apk there and run: adb install "yourapp.apk"
    if someone knows a faster way (without uninstalling?) please tell me =)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! Great idea, thanks for sharing. i just expierience one Problem: when the apk appears and i wanna copy/paste, the temp file will be deleted inbetween. (It seems there is just to less time to do it ) - Any thoughts?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my computer when i disconnect my phone, fusion gets stuck and won't delete it until i reconnect it.
    You could also force an error to keep the temp files, putting a number as a first character in the package name should do the trick, but you would need to fix it afterwards.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I don't seem to have an AppData folder in C:/Users/[ME HERE]

anywhere else I could look? I'm wanting to save my game as a project in Eclipse

EDIT:

I found the folder by searching my C drive for everything containing "and" haha. I'm still unsure as to why I don't have the same folders under my user profile as you do but regardless, thanks a lot for the tip!