User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Android game level system

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android game level system

Hey,
    I┤ve made a little android game where you can play 10 different level.

I have a frame where I have 10 buttons to jump to the different level but my problem is that I want just the first level to be unlocked, and when the player masteres the first
    level the second one should be unlocked, but the first one should stay unlocked aswell.
    If he masteres the second level the third one should be unlocked and so on...

I also want to combine this with and auto-save ini object, so if the player lefts the game the level should stay unlocked.

I hope you can understand my problem because my english isn┤t that well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest way is to store the number of unlocked levels in an ini. However, that would make it very easy to cheat. One thing you can do is to secure the content in the file with a code that is based on the content, for example a md5 hash tag, which you test for in the level select screen. This way people can read the content of the file, but they would have great difficulties altering it, as they would also need to know what the code should be changed to. You can use the string parser object to get the md5 hash tag.

A second simple approach would be to not store the number of unlocked levels directly, but instead use a code that only you know. For example, when the player unlocks level 2, set ini item Code to "abc123". When the player unlocks level 3, set Code to "Hello456". On the level select screen, you'd know how many levels to unlock based on the code in the ini. This method is okay if you don't care that the player can simply copy the file / code from another player's device in order to unlock the same levels.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all thank you for your quick reply.
    But how can I let the player unlock a level?
    So if the player masteres the first level the button of the second one should be enabled.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Nyme,

There's many ways to do this so hopefully you get many answers but here's one way. I don't know how you have your levels setup, I'm guessing 10 different frames, 1 different frame each level? Also, the Level selection screen being a frame on its own?

I would use a global value! Create a global value by clicking on your Application's properties and name this Global Value Level_Unlocker or whatever you want. Put a counter in your level selection frame, make it invisible. Now in the first level, add an event that will trigger the player reaching the end goal at the end of the level and add 1 to Global Value Level_Unlocker. Like this:

Player collides with key: Special Conditions - Add 1 to Global Value (Level_Unlocker) - Jump to Frame Level Selection.

Now in the Level Selection Screen, we will set the Counter to whatever the Global Value is:

Always: Counter - Set Counter - Right click on Special Conditions - Retrieve a Global Value - Level_Unlocker.

This will always set your Counter to your Global Value (Level_Unlocker.)

Now do this event to check if the first level was beat and to unlock level 2.

Global Value(Level_Unlocker) = 1: Unlock level 2!!!

Now all you have to do is when you beat level 2, set Global Value to 2 and create event:

Global Value(Level_Unlocker) = 2: Unlock level 3...etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Emerson3, this works perfectly well.
    The only problem I have with this is that when you beat level 1 several times the other level will get unlocked too because every time I beat level 1 I get +1 to my global value.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right. Maybe instead of "add too" just use "set." Hmmm. But if the player replays level 1, even though level 3 is finished, it will set value to 1 which only unlocks level 2. I'm at work, so I'm going by brain. . There's got to be an easier way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly my problem right now...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go, I found this! Should be what your looking for!

http://www.xable.us/level-selection.php

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you stick to Emerson's solution you really just need only one global value.

Assuming that your level frames starts from 2, first one being the menu, and that all levels are subsequent to each other:
    (this is only to make one action the same for each level, but if you prefer you can hard-code each level value setting)

(when player beats level)
    + global value "unlocked_levels" < frame + 1 (this will give you current frame number + 1, i.e., on frame "2", will give you "3")
    >>> set global value "unlocked_levels" to frame + 1
    >>> go to level selection menu (or jump to frame "unlocked_levels" value, that will be next frame, at your wish)

And in level selection menu:

button level value <= "unlocked_levels"
    >>> activate button

For saving just refer to Popcorn's answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I have to just set global value "unlocked_levels" to frame + 1 if the player beats the level,
    or do I have to do something with the first line under "(when player beats level)" you wrote?
    And I have trouble understanding the second part, what do you mean with "button level value"?
    Sorry for all these questions but I┤m pretty new to this program.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast