Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fade in/out of frames and objects not working in Android APK build

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fade in/out of frames and objects not working in Android APK build

So after buying the Fusion Developer version and Android exporter 3 weeks ago... I am now super sad that the Fade In/Out of frames and objects is not working... Any ideas?

I am using API build 22 for android devices...

Also the sound is glitching out sometimes and tapping is a bit non-responsive sometimes... perhaps I am not checking off a box in the android properties options...

Can anyone point me toward a tutorial for optimizing a built game for Android??? Much thanks!

Here's what I have so far after 3 weeks...

Future Police (Stage 3 Demo) KarmaSoft:
    https://youtu.be/-Ndrku1oI28

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's something that just doesn't work then I guess I bought the developer version and the android exporter for no reason... I will pause programming right now and wait for your guy's guidance... I either continue with Fusion or immediately go buy something else. Getting this to work is very necessary. I look forward to the replies! =]

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a link to a past post that should help:

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/86845-Optimised-Fade-Transitions-for-all-platforms?highlight=transitions

Can't hurt to test it for Android

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Aenever,

Thanks for the example. Handy but this does not resolve the issue of scrolling and other transitions that I spent days on programming...

Sounds like the android exporting just won't be the same?

Trying to not have to go through and reprogram every object and all frames... that's a crazy loss of time considering all the time I've already put into this project and the $500 I spent on the developer version + android exporter.

I think I have to abandon fusion and find a new program if exporting just looks completely different from what is created within the program. lol.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt a similar frustration the first time I exported my projects to Android, which is why I always recommend people test their game on a real device all throughout development. The good news is it won't be too hard to fix and once you have it working for Android it's 99% certain to all work identical on iOS.

I think if you give up on your project after such a minor set back you'll only suffer the same fate down the road with another tool.. it's tough to dive into a new tool and expect to get all the results you want in a few weeks. It won't take very long to fix your issues, it will take much longer to find/start learning a different tool and restart everything from scratch.

You will need to be more specific with what issues with scrolling and other transitions you're having.. I personally have never used the built in transitions because I always want more control than they offer. You don't have THAT many frames yet, do you? Custom transitions are pretty simple.

I've found the "mouse click" touching is not very gameplay friendly, I always make my own touch input system. (I can make you an example tonight if you like)

I know you're protective of your project files/assets etc. so you probably don't want to share your working files, but that is the fastest way to get help.. maybe strip down (or solid paint over the graphics) in your project file so we can see the actual problems with the export.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave! Thanks for writing.

I have about 9 frames completed... some simple and about 4 that are a little more complex. I have 2 of the 10 stages all programmed and ready for play.

As of now all works and looks GREAT on the computer when I run the frames and test within Fusion 2.5...

But exporting leaves me super disappointed with Fusion 2.5...

I will have to do 1 of 2 things I believe...
    #1) Act like a real douche and raise hell so that I may get a refund because the Fusion Exporter does not do what it's suppose to or advertised to do... well it does... it does export... but the quality has me feeling really mislead.

or #2) I hire you as a consultant, as mentioned before, so I can fix these issues (again... hate to sound like a jerk but I don't think I should have "fix" what the Fusion product should be doing... that's why I bought it... right? To work correctly?) and once I fix these issues I can just move forward and complete for release.

or #3 i guess, just give up entirely (which is not something I do because I'm not a quitter so I have to lead toward #1 or #2.) haha.

I'm a very polite and super considerate person, I promise... I'm not a jerk.. I just sound this way on this thread... well because... frankly this is a complaint about the fusion product having poor quality results when exporting. haha.

=] Cheers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you - it is advertised as "build your game once, export to Android/iOS at the push of a button" but that's really not the case.. but to be fair I don't think that is the case with any software.. there are always fundamental design differences between a desktop game experience and a touch screen phone game.

Not to rain on your ambition, but I would consider possibly tapering your expectations on your release date as well. If you work hard you can probably release by the end of the month.. but it will cause you a lot of stress and anxiety along the way - because these kinds of unforeseen issues are bound to pop up - the general rule of thumb in game development to have an achievable timeline for completion is to estimate how long you think your project will take to complete, then double that, (or triple it, or multiply it by 10 - if you're me )

The differences between the Windows Runtime and Android runtimes are fairly minimal - it is easy to make it all work as long as you keep testing with each major change - you will run into small quirks and bugs, but they can always be worked around as you go, it's when you've worked on something for weeks and then test to find you've built something that needs a big overhaul that is discouraging.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there - no need to raise hell, Clickteam are very good at working with customers if things haven't lived up to their expectations. Hopefully people can guide you on to how to fix the Android issues you're having, though (I don't have the Android exporter myself).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Dave, if you say they are easy to fix then I have to believe you... you do have 8+years of experience with the product so I should let you guide me through this tiny setback. Thanks for being so supportive!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest creating your own fade in and out animation since it's more customizable than the built in transitions. Create an active the size of your window and fill it completely black. Use the actions in the event editor (at the start of frame or end of frame set a flag that will toggle the transition) to gradually change the semi-transparency of the black active until it goes from 0 -> 128 or 128 -> 0.

Robotica trust me you'll encounter bumps along the road during the game making process with any program. I suggest trying to create everything by scratch so that you have complete control over your own code and how everything works in your game. It's always better to make your own method then relying on built in features. If you create something by scratch it will almost definitely work between all platforms too. Everyone at this forum is super supportive and will definitely help you through your game making process. I for one am excited in seeing your finished product with the Fusion software and it would be a shame to waste more money trying to pursue a different software (as well as a waste of the time you've already invested). I can guarantee that Fusion has the ability to create anything as long as you can think outside the box. These YouTube videos really inspired me to create games with the Fusion software and it really shows what the program can achieve once you understand it better:

If you need any quick help you can always PM me a question. I try to usually check this forum every couple of hours. I'll be glad to help with any problem you have.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast