User Tag List

Thread: Lag on my game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lag on my game?

Hi, i changed the size of my game to 1600x720 and window size to 1280x720, when i'm testing it i have a lot of lag and all seems ultra slow, someone knows why and how to solve?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up nobody knows why im getting lag and why occurs?

EDIT: changed my runetime options from standart to Direct3D 9 and it seems to work fine, differences between these modes?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Standard mode uses your CPU for graphics rendering, whereas Direct3D 8 or 9 (HWA = Hardware Acceleration) will off-load the rendering to the graphics card, allowing your creation to run more effectively.

There can sometimes be downsides to Direct3D: Some objects that do not support this mode, and there can be odd problems when running in full screen.

Lag in general can be improved by optimising your events to be more efficient too, and use "Load on call" to free up memory when objects are out of view.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are you resizing your content at runtime, to fit the window? If so, that could cause significant slow down.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you playing sounds? I find that even on my custom built $1600 super computer that I put together I have a tiny bit of lag on my current project if I am playing a lot of mp3 samples at the same time. I switched my samples to .ogg and combined a couple samples into one .ogg that were already suppose to be playing at the same time... that helped a lot in my project. Take a peak are your sounds, just a thought. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Are you resizing your content at runtime, to fit the window? If so, that could cause significant slow down.
    No i'm not resizing anything in runtime just resized some imaged i had, but thanks for the advice apreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotica View Post
    Are you playing sounds? I find that even on my custom built $1600 super computer that I put together I have a tiny bit of lag on my current project if I am playing a lot of mp3 samples at the same time. I switched my samples to .ogg and combined a couple samples into one .ogg that were already suppose to be playing at the same time... that helped a lot in my project. Take a peak are your sounds, just a thought. Good luck!
    Yes i'm playing some mp3 samples but on same channel not at the same time, so they can't play together

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Sorry but, what happens if someone runs the app in a screen with lower resolution than native (1280x720)? If it is unchecked, won't be part of the frame cut off?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Do you have Anti-Aliasing turned on for any of your active objects? If so, this can cause a considerable performance drop...