User Tag List

Thread: Could I make a Super Mario Maker type game in Fusion?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could I make a Super Mario Maker type game in Fusion?

Hey Clickteam,

Is it possible to make a game like Super Mario Maker in Fusion where players could upload their levels for others to play? It wouldn't be a Mario game of course, but pre-made blocks and enemies that the player could use. Just your thoughts on if possible and how? I'm not making this, just for discussion! Thanks,

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could I make a Super Mario Maker type game in Fusion?

Yes it is possible to create your own level editor that can save files and load them on different computers for others to play.

Usually the level is grid-based and you have a selection of different tiles to choose from. When you click with the mouse you can create the specific tile at the location of the mouse on the snapped grid. Then save the values of each tile to an array or some other method of saving (maybe a large string that gets parsed, or INI, or sending data online through lacewing, etc. ). When the user loads it, the game will recognize the values in the file and load the appropriate tiles on the screen instantly using fast loops.

Then you need to add your game engine into the editor as well so you can test the levels. I've made a few level editors back in the day for some of my games. Usually it makes it easier to churn out level designs if you create your own level editor for your game. Look up "level editors" on the forum and you should find more details and examples.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's definitely possible. Let's say your level is a grid and each grid cell holds a tile. When the user wants to save and upload this level, the game will map each grid cell and assign a value to it.
    The data would look like this (row_index_of_the_grid_cell, column_index_of_the_grid_cell, value)

Example values:
    1000 - water
    1001 - bridge_section_left
    1002 - island_corner_right
    1003 - island_corner_left
    ....... - etc

After the level has been translated into pure numbers, the game will upload this to an online database which will hold everything (user accounts paired with saved levels).