User Tag List

Thread: Can Fusion and Android Export Module create Android Live Wallpapers?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Can Fusion and Android Export Module create Android Live Wallpapers?

I searched and found an old thread regarding this, and it didn't seem possible at the time.

So... is it possible to use Fusion 2.5 and the Android export module to create a live wallpaper for android?
    I just recently purchased the Android export module (It's totally like Christmas for me right now), and I'd LOVE to create some fun Live Wallpapers for Android.
    Has anyone here created one using Fusion and the Export module? Any tips or information on this would be just grand... I have so many ideas for live wallpapers.

Or... is it still not possible?

Or maybe possible with Fusion and some after-app creation editing?

Thanks to anyone that replies!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, it still remains that the Android Export Module cannot create live wallpapers.

It's more that the fact the Fusion runtime on Android isn't designed to be ran in the background, since it's too intensive:
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The MMF runtime is very resource intensive (CPU, GPU, battery ...), so I don't think it would be practical for background processes/wallpaper.
    That said, there could be ways to modify the runtime to make Android think it's a live wallpaper, but I've never looked into this.

Do keep your ideas written down -- from what is heard of Fusion 3, it's much more likely we'll be able to create background applications in future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well fiddlesticks. haha
    All my ideas are written down in my Evernote program(a handy piece of software!).
    Pity, I was so looking forward to diving on in, too. Perhaps live wallpaper functionality can be added to 2.5 at some point if it's easy enough to implement?
    Not that I don't plan on upgrading to Fusion 3 eventually anyways. Also not that I'm complaining about 2.5 and all that it CAN do.
    Hmmm....

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I really wanted live wallpapers but it just wasn't going to work with the Fusion runtime
    Well it would work but it would EAT the battery more then users would be happy with.

I will certainly be pushing Fusion 3 to have this option!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for any attempts to bring this functionality to Fusion 3. I love the ideas of Live Wallpapers, and I love the idea of creating a nice soothing and semi-interactive moving and changing art, a beautiful and gracerful backdrop that people can watch and be impressed with. Not just a game or app, but the surroundings for the other apps to rest against.

I truly mean it, thanks for attempting to get it in and figure out how to make it work, I will pay any price for this to be part of my favorite software. I NEED them together.
    I'll even beta test should anything like this come to pass and you need someone to test it out on like... say.. a galaxy tab 4 10.1 inch tablet. Which I have.

I am formally on one knee here and begging un-gracefully for this feature and possible beta testing of said feature.
    Many thanks for, even if nothing else, taking notice of this request and giving it consideration.
    I am stoked on a level that I rarely become for even the possibility of me being able to create these in some version of Fusion.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, they can't. My brother tried this and it didn't work.