User Tag List

Thread: Getting ClickConverse to work under Wine?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting ClickConverse to work under Wine?

The latest version of ClickConverse doesn't seem to display properly out-of-the-box with Wine. The main chat area (where messages are received) is completely blank, but there is a scroll bar present.

I thought it's a rich text box, but installing riched20 and riched30 does not make a difference.

Has anyone else gotten this to work under Wine (Mac/Linux?), or know which winetricks would fix this?

Thank you for your help.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The chat area is using the WebX object, which embeds an IE frame in the application. You will need to include the relevant libraries in the bundle to make this work properly.

JHale got a version working, there's a thread about it here: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/85294-ClickConverse-Mac-Client-%28FINALLY!%29

I hope that helps

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question:
    What's the difference between the Web View object and the WebX object, and where can I get it?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    WebX seems to be called Web Control Object nowadays and is available through the Extension Manager built into Fusion 2.5 It offers many advanced features, including complex interaction with javascript within the page and settings such as zoom control, certificate functions and more.

Web View is a much more basic object which has been ported to mobile devices.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Simon. That helps pinpoint that the IE6, IE7 or IE8 libraries were needed. It's working now with IE8.

I'm pretty the Web View object has worked fine previously in Fusion applications with Gecko (Wine's own implementation of IE) - The WebX object (or ClickConverse) must depend on something IE-specific, which explains the blank frame.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not add any Winetricks when I used WineBottler to bottle up my Fusion program with the Web View object.
    Is Gecko automatically added or do you need to click somewhere to enable it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really know advaith. Wine packages on Linux distros include Gecko and Mono already. Mac wrappers may require them to be manually installed or selected as separate wine tricks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked for the Web Control object and saw that it was dev-only.