User Tag List

Thread: MMF project source code for presentation to possible distributor?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF project source code for presentation to possible distributor?

I will soon be discussing possible distribution of an MMF-created software with a small distribution company. What considerations should be taken? I am nervous they will scoff at the coding emulation and require traditionally-coded source code of my project. I know nothing of that realm and am asking the community what I should expect and what I need to know. Obviously the odds of distribution are against me from the get-go so any leg up I can get is appreciated.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say be confident in your product and try to polish it up as much as possible. Having a good clean understandable interface for your software is very important. Maybe ask the distribution company beforehand on their policy of traditional coding vs a WISIWYG editor like Fusion. As long as the product works completely to the standards of the client, I don't think there should be a problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does WISIWYG stand for? Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Kind of nerve wracking presenting something I created!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WISIWYG ("Wizzy-Wig") stands for What You See Is What You Get - You could think of it like using a visual web builder vs coding to build a website.

I'm sure things will go well, as you're showing off a creation, not as such the tool used to make it. Of course, if they would like to look at the "source code" or take over/modify its development, then they'll need a copy of Fusion 2.5 (Developer), the extensions and your MFA. Otherwise, you could "print" PDF copies of the storyboard, frames and the events to show or highlight areas of its logic.

I don't have any experience with companies to know for sure, but all I can say is be confident and show off the creation and why they should distribute it. You could explain the tool behind it, but I'm not sure if you're planning to provide them with the finished, compiled product or handing over the source? (If they plan to "compile" it themselves, this wouldn't work unless they also use Fusion and would like to make an investment)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with Sumo that your interface and overall polish is the things that will be considered the most.

I would also ensure that you have original artwork and sounds or have permission to use anything that you may have imported.

From the Clickteam side you are fine as you are using MMF Developer. (no copyright acknowledgement needed)
    DT
    Special Projects Director

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all they are doing is distributing your game for you physically and/or digitally, you should only have to sign a distro agreement, NDA, and one that states all IPs (intellectual properties like art, sounds, code, design, etc) are created by you and your team. You may need ot give them high resolution art assets for them to use in print or online. You will have to provide them the install file(s) and maybe include their logo and brand name in the splash screen or elsewhere.

If they are publishing AND distributing your game, then the agreements may be different but similar.

Questions to keep in mind with a publisher: Are you getting an advance in order to give up some or all ownership of the IP? Are you getting advances for every milestone you reach?

Publishers may want the source files, no matter what they are, even if they aren't actual code they can use. Make sure they know what tools they need to access and change the game. It all depends on what terms you all agree too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for all the feedback. This is all very helpful! I'm curious to see how this all pans out