Thread: Displaying Usernames in Online Game, Lacewing

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Displaying Usernames in Online Game, Lacewing

Hey all, I've been fumbling around and creating a sort of "virtual world" game with Lacewing as the online tool, but I'm having a tremendous amount of trouble trying to get usernames to show for individual players.

For example, the username for Player A is stored as soon as Player A logs in, so all I need to achieve is the ability for the other users to see Player A's username.

Everything works fine if two players are on the server, but three or more will cause the username of the first player who logged in to begin flickering between all users.

I do want to know, what is the best object to use if I want to go about displaying multiple usernames all at the same time?

I've been using a string to try and achieve displaying all the usernames, because I remember being able to do this exact thing with a string years ago. I'm quickly realizing that this either won't work with strings or I'm not as versed with MMF2/Fusion 2 as I previously thought.

Thank you!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +On Peer Connect
    -Create Peer Object
    -Set alterable string "Name" to Peer Name
    -Create String Object
    -Change alterable string to Peer Name

+Compare Alterable String of Peer Object (Name) = Alterable String Text
    -Position String -30 Y above Peer Object

This will set the alterable string "name" of the peer object to the person's name. Then it will create a string object and set that string to the peer's name. You then compare the alterable string "name" of the peer object to the string and always set its position to be above the peer object.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a miracle worker, you know that?

I had similar lines of code, but for the event that checks where the username tag is, I added an action "Lacewing: On binary message from channel on subchannel 0 (blasted)". Once I deleted that action, everything worked perfectly.

Thanks so much, man! Awesome stuff.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason i get all of the names show up on the last peer... Any ideas how to fix ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like no matter what i do it applies to all strings. If someone could make a quick example it would be great. Added my somewhat non functional test mfa.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you could add a foreach loop in your string comparison event line
    otherwise all string instances will be affected

i.e.

always
    >>> count - start loop for each one of "string" loop name "position"

on each one of "string", loop name "position"
    + string = str$(global value A)
    [...]
    >>> do stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are my savior ! Thanks !

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing that you have told me has worked for me.