User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toggle Anti-Aliasing at Runtime?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toggle Anti-Aliasing at Runtime?

Is it possible to toggle "Anti-Aliasing When Resizing" from the Application Display Properties at runtime? This would be handy to give a performance boost to lower end machines.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm using somehing similar on my very-next-to-come 3D engine for fusion
    I basically saved the quality setting 0 or 1 in an external variable and always referenced to that when scaling/rotating etc.

...and believe or not, this doesn't make the slightest performance difference
    at least, in my application environment..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad idea. But is there a way to toggle the display property mentioned above?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody? Is this possible?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to my knowledge. I checked a list of command line switches if there's a parameter that could be passed to the executable, but sadly there isn't one for anti-aliasing - unless there is a hidden one?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there really a performance difference when you manually toggle that option and run your game? I would have thought today's PC's wouldn't flinch at this. It is more of a style choice, tbh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When testing on some of my lower end machines it does make a difference. About 20 fps. Granted most machines will handle it, but I find the lack of an option to toggle this at runtime pretty inexcusable when you consider this has been a standard PC option for games for a long time. This basically means I have to make two builds of an exe due to the lack of this option.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I want to note: The anti-aliasing option in MMF2/CF2.5 isn't exactly very good in the first place, barely making a difference in how objects look (admittedly it looks a touch better with the option than without, but there is one problem with the setting I'm going to get to in a moment). Manually giving your objects anti-aliasing using alpha channels looks a LOT better, for example. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even seem to work at all in HWA (which pretty much renders the setting useless), which tells me that it may just be there for compatibility purposes or something...

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a few types of anti-aliasing, some fast, some with expense of performance -- I wonder which one Fusion uses.

I suppose if it's easy to implement, it could be a feature request on the bug tracker?

In fact, it's already been requested over a year ago:
    http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/906

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree that usually Fusion's Anti Aliasing does not make much of a difference, however that is usually with pixel art that I see no difference. In my case, using pre-rendered CGI sprites, there is a huge difference.

In the attached example, the image on the left is without anti-aliasing, and the image on the right uses anti aliasing. I just really do not understand why there is not an option to toggle this at runtime, or at all for that matter. There may be a reason that Yves or Francois could elaborate on, but this really needs to be an option.

AAComp.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast