User Tag List

Thread: HTLM5 vs SWF? Which one is better?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTLM5 vs SWF? Which one is better?

Which one is better? I shall by buying one very soon need to know which one is better!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HTML5 comes default in common browsers, but Flash works in some browsers HTML5 doesn't. Flash comes default in Chrome, but you need to install it for use in other browsers. Flash has more features that HTML5 (I've heard), but less features than Vitalize!.

Note: The Free HTML5 Exporter comes with CF2.5 (only works in build 285.1), and you can test the swf exporter in the MMF2 demo.

HTML5 Exporter on the ClickWiki

Note: Sorry, but the 285.1 beta is only available (as of now) for the standalone version, and there are major bugs in version 284.10.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The future would be HTML5, since it's a new work-in-progress standard, which runs on all kinds of modern browsers, including Android and iOS. You'd be able to reach more people regardless of what platform they use.

Flash on the other hand is quickly being abolished mainly due to its security issues - I don't even have it installed on my systems for one, since I have no need for it.

It's probably the wrong question to ask, "Which one is right for you?" would be better.

Since the Flash Exporter has been around longer, it's got more extensions. Take a look at this extensions list if having more features (but quickly losing support by the industry) outweighs the more standardised option.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Yves is trying to upload build 285.1 to Steam as a beta:

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    BTW, for Steam users, due to weird connection issues I've been unable to upload this version to the Steam servers. We have a meeting outside this week so I'll be away, I'll retry when I'm back. Sorry for the delay.