User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocket Mash: A game where you shoot rockets.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little late this time, so your getting a new update later today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog 8.jpg

I'm gonna be a few days late...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good!

Might want to make it more obvious that the junk or whatever that is being dropped on your head by those enemies is harmful, though, since you don't see where it's coming from the first time you see it falling from the sky (or just move the first enemy that drops them on your head a bit lower so the player can see that it's being dropped by an enemy, since that would also make things a lot more clear). Yes, I'm aware that those enemies showed up in the tutorial level, but it looks like you have room to move the enemy in question down a bit, which would probably be all it would take... unless you've already tried that, or if you try moving it down and it makes things worse by making the enemy be in your way or something. If either of those are (or end up being) the case, then I'm sorry for bringing it up.

EDIT: Oh, you may also want to make sure that the jump near the end of the level is possible without taking damage, if you haven't done so already. There are some people who like trying to clear games without taking any damage (usually just restarting the level rather than the whole game whenever they do take damage) after they've beaten it the normal way enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. A bit of a nitpick, but ok.
    2. Yes the jump is possible. One interesting thing is that the game gets very wonky when the recording software acts up. This makes physics get VERY weird (making jumps like that harder). Due to this problem, I am about to release a new demo of the game. I am hoping for a New Year release date. All the demo will be is the tutorial level and the first level. Nevertheless, I am hoping everyone will enjoy it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Yeah, I know it's a bit of a nitpick, I'm just worried that some people might call it a bit of a cheap shot, especially since it's the first appearance of that kind of enemy in the level. (If you had another one before that, placed in such a way that the player is unlikely to get hurt by it, just to remind players that it's a type of enemy that exists, that might help too, as a potential alternative.)
    2. Good to know, it just looked like it would be rather difficult to do without taking damage.

...Also, ooh! A demo release? Looking forwards to it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, yeah, that looks a lot easier than it did last time. I guess the jumping physics let you jump a lot further than the first videos made it look like you could, due to the issues you were mentioning with the recording software messing everything up.

P.S. Is the game going to be freeware, like Platformer a Game was? Or is it going to cost money and have a demo like Platformer a Game 2 was going to? If the gameplay is good enough (the demo will probably allow for easy judging of that, and the videos give me high hopes), then I can say right now that the game looks like the kind of game I'd actually be willing to spend money on (I personally don't mind the graphics looking hand-drawn, so that probably helps).

P.P.S. Is that door at the end of the level supposed to look rusty, or is it supposed to look like it's blood-stained, or is that supposed to look like something else? Because if it's supposed to look like rust, then a SLIGHTLY more orange-y color may be better for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://kimchy101.weebly.com/blog.html

Images attachées Images attachées

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Most likely it will cost money, however it will be an obscure amount (like $3).
    2. Yes, the door is rusty. I plan on making it more obvious by adding an old "rusty shut sound". Anyways, I've got a lot of audio work to do.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast