User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocket Mash: A game where you shoot rockets.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Is the game going to be longer than Plaftormer a Game was? If so, I'd say that $3-5 (maybe $10, but that may discourage some people from buying it, especially with the graphics probably already discouraging some people anyways) sounds like about the right price.
    2. Got it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just played the demo and, I have to say....

...wow! Off to a great start here! My only significant complaint is the fact that, in the tutorial level, the background and foreground are a bit too similar (e.g. there is something that looks like a platform that was actually a part of the background, and that killed me). Other than that, well, there's also a jump-through platform bug where, if you're moving into the jump-through platform from the side while falling, it can still count as you landing on it, even if this means that you're part-way embedded inside of the platform. Nothing too major, but it DID save me from falling into a bottomless pit once!

Anyways, now onto the positives:

1. The art style is fantastic (though there is the occasional object that has sharp changes in direction that don't work well with the otherwise hand-drawn-yet-detailed feel the graphics have, e.g. the airplane, the rest of it ranges from looking fine to looking basically perfect).

2. WOW this game is hard. In a good way. Now, you do have to get used to the physics before you can expect to make it through, but then again, that's how a lot of hard platformers are. That brings me to my next point...

3. The physics. They kinda remind me a bit of Mega Man, if Mega Man was a bit floatier while falling, but jumped and started falling about as fast. They work well for this game, allowing the player to dodge enemies and falling objects with ease, once you've gotten the hang of them (I moved a bit too and ran into falling objects quite a lot before getting used to them, though ).

4. The level design. The level design's actually pretty solid, with the levels getting progressively harder as they advance. Though there aren't any situations that have multiple enemy types in close proximity to each other yet, I did actually encounter multiple kinds of enemies at once by trying to get past some of the slow flying enemies, resulting in me having to fight the faster ground-based robots while trying to keep my distance from the flying one (due to how slowly it moved, and because of how far away it was from me, it was easy enough, but still). How many more kinds of enemies do you plan on having in the game, by the way? I'm looking forwards to seeing how you use them with the existing ones (and how you end up using the existing ones in other ways), that's for sure.

There might be more positive things and a maybe a few more minor nitpicks I could discuss, but those are some of the things that really stood out to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to here it!

There's still is much to do. Other than the fact that some of the backgrounds are placeholders, I plan on making the levels much more open ended.
    There is much work to do.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After playing it a bit more, I now have a question: Why does holding the mouse button constantly drain temperature, and why does it do it so fast? Is it unintentional? Is it because of the homing feature? Because you have to remember that you can just click again for a brief moment to activate the homing feature, re-aiming the rocket without using much of any temperature (aside from the heat caused by launching another rocket, due to the fact that, well, you'll probably launch another rocket in the process of re-aiming the initial one, but it still tends to be less than using the homing feature), so you may want to consider reducing the amount of temperature it uses (also consider the fact that it using temperature to activate a homing feature on a rocket from a distance probably wouldn't heat up the weapon that much, all things considered, unless it's a very poorly designed weapon, which for all I know may or may not very well be the point).

P.S. I'm going to guess that the re-aiming feature is going to be used in interesting ways later on in the game, considering the potential it has? (You could have enemies that can only be hurt in the back, and have a few parts where you have to aim missiles through a somewhat twisty (but probably wide due to how fast the missiles move) passage way that you can't reach yourself by jumping up to said passage way to hit a switch to open a door while being slowly bombarded by an enemy generator of some kind or something, just to name a few examples of what you could do with it.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holding the mouse activates homing. The reason why it increases the temperature so much is because of later upgrades. One of them being the temperature upgrade. Let's just say in due time, you will have enough rockets on screen to put WWII to shame.

P.S.
    I am at the moment planning on a boss using this feature as well as more implementation in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little teaser for the next update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New intro to Rocket Mash!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite the fancy intro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey.

It's been like a month.

Anyways, I'm here to bring good news. I've finally gotten some time to work on the project. During this time, I have been thinking of the approach in which Rocket Mash is heading. I've got some fresh new ideas since then. If your wondering how many ideas I have now, let's just say this isn't a single game series anymore. But I digress, the main point is that I am back.

Right now i am working on things in the game rather then the levels. My to do list for the game at this point is to link all the levels, and work on the currency system (shop, hats, upgrades, etc.). Currently my attention is towards linking the levels through a system. Here is a short preview of said system.

That's all for now. More on the way.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast