User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Rocket Mash: A game where you shoot rockets.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    image upload no limitcertificity.com
    adult image uploadcertificity.com
    http://kimchy101.weebly.com/blog/blo...-will-not-hold
    (As for this thread, I will be closing it soon. I will start a new thread with the next iteration of the project)
    (This thread will go into hibernation until said iteration is more substantial.)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm being honest, I think this sounds like the right decision. The new version of the game sounds like it focused a bit too much on being, I dunno... how to describe it in one word? Maybe edgy? Maybe dark? I dunno. Though the gameplay sounded solid, and the jokes sounded pretty funny, I'm not sure I entirely approved of where the story sounded like it was going. The playable character not even being human does have potential, since that could mean a robot, it could mean an alien, or it could mean something else, and any of those would be a cool change of pace compared to your other games.

I wish you best of luck on the new version of your game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    If I'm being honest, I think this sounds like the right decision. The new version of the game sounds like it focused a bit too much on being, I dunno... how to describe it in one word? Maybe edgy? Maybe dark? I dunno. Though the gameplay sounded solid, and the jokes sounded pretty funny, I'm not sure I entirely approved of where the story sounded like it was going. The playable character not even being human does have potential, since that could mean a robot, it could mean an alien, or it could mean something else, and any of those would be a cool change of pace compared to your other games.

I wish you best of luck on the new version of your game!
    The new version of the game will still have dark elements to it. I'm sorry if you won't like it, but the new version of the game will incorporate more darker elements from things like Ghost in the Shell. Despite that, I can reassure you that the game will still contain many lighthearted moments. I firmly believe that the game needs both to progress.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with darker elements like, say, Mega Man X, or Mega Man Zero, Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter (DO NOT LOOK UP SPOILERS FOR THAT GAME, YOU'LL RUIN IT IF YOU DO), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, etc., I just feel like the story before sounded dark for dark's sake before, rather than for any meaningful story-telling reasons. To be fair, the old version wasn't ever released, so I can't fully judge the story since we don't know all the details, but that being said, I have high hopes that the new version of the game will manage to handle that better than the old version did at first glance (key word "at first glance"), even if it really isn't actually particularly different in tone from how it was before anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that's just the result of releasing one and a half levels; you're bound to come across misconceptions. Oh well. By the way, the new version of the game is currently underway. This time, I'm going full Gimp. All graphics are made from different software. Also, the game will be in a new, attractive 2560x1440 resolution. Needless to say, the game is getting a considerably great graphics upgrade. Lastly, the engine overhaul will be TREMENDOUSLY more fluid and easier to update.

Update: I forgot to tell you what the tone of the game will be. I'm thinking of a more cowboy bepop type tone. If you haven't watched it yet, here's a quick sense of scale. Sometimes the characters will crack a few jokes, and in the next few scenes, they'll contemplate on principles like morality and justification. Sometimes, the characters will just have a silent walk in the rain to take in the atmosphere and situation. It's a very in-the-grey game. That's why (in the next iteration) I will make the main character a grey robot; its color reflects the tone.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a tone I can handle, that's a similar sort of tone to what Mega Man X had, where one minute you're playing as a character who doesn't want to fight robots who must fight robots to save the world, and the next minute you unlock a hidden Hadouken power (yes, the very same Hadouken from the Street Fighter series... they're both Capcom games, yo) that one-shots bosses, complete with silly high-pitched "Hadouken!" voice clip whenever you use it. And then your character's best friend dies.

Hey, I said similar, not identical.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14