User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Robovania: Dark Rebellion: First Alpha Release!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robovania: Dark Rebellion: First Alpha Release!

TESTING SYSTEMS...

SYSTEM TEST CONFIRMS:
    ALL SYSTEMS OKAY.

SYSTEMS BOOTING...

SYSTEM BOOT:
    SUCCESS.

COMPILING CODE: DARK_REBELLION_PUBLIC_ALPHA_1...

CODE COMPILING:
    SUCCESS

NOW LISTING FILES ON "TOP_SECRET_ROBOVANIA_PROJECT"...

ACCESS DENIED: YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO OPEN THAT FOLDER, OR SEE THE NAMES OF THE FILES INSIDE!

NOW EXITING COMPILE_AND_LOAD.BAT, LOADING BROWSER_BOOT.BAT...

COMMAND LINE: BROWSER_LOAD /C

LOADING BROWSER AND COPYING COMMAND LINE OUTPUT TO PASTE INTO BROWSER...

...Well, that was strange.

Anyways, it's about time I let you guys give Robovania: Dark Rebellion a try, so I figured I'd release the alpha build right now!

Download it here (download location subject to change at some point in the future, probably will upload on my own website at some point if it's small enough (it might not be)): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3P...tCVlZUZWM/view

EDIT: Keep this in mind when you give it a try: Magneprism's stage isn't 100% finished, and his unit isn't implemented at all (the icon is a leftover from War for Robovania, as a matter of fact), so if you play that stage, keep that in mind. Swordsplit's stage is pretty much finished as far as I can tell, but feedback may let me improve it a bit anyways.

If you have ANY issues at all with it, then the game lists an e-mail address to report them to on the title screen (yeah, I know, it's a bit cluttered because of that, but it's an early alpha, the message won't be there in the final release version, so I personally see no issue with listing the important info on it at the title screen), and you can also post your feedback here.

That being said, well, the game currently doesn't list the controls in-game. They're easy enough to figure out if you've played a real-time strategy game before (a few non-essential controls aside), but let me list them anyways:

Left mouse button: Select units (if you already have units selected, this will de-select units as well).
    Right mouse button: Move units.
    A key: Selects all units. (WARNING: There may be minor bugs if you decide to spam this key, so don't do that (well, go ahead and do it to see if I'm remembering things correctly if you want, but other than that it's not recommended).)
    P key: Pause the game.
    Enter key: Retreats if you have lost all your troops (even if you have enough money to buy more).
    Escape key: Returns to the title screen, at any point in time in the game (useful for exiting, changing save files, changing difficulty level, etc.)

Aaaand I think that's it for the controls! Have fun, and please send me some feedback, whether you like, dislike, love, or hate the game, the feedback is useful!

Some extra notes:

• Only two of the three normal stages are complete.
    • The final stage isn't implemented at all.
    • No cutscenes are implemented, but there are plans to include some form of cutscenes/story elements to the game at some point.
    • This game is NOT the same game as War for Robovania, but it runs on the same engine (or is at least running on a slightly older, outdated variant of it (though I don't remember having made any major changes to the engine since starting work on Robovania: Dark Rebellion)) and plays similarly.
    • While some of the content is taken directly from War for Robovania (e.g. most of the backgrounds, the two starting units, some enemy units, some of the more general graphics, etc.), a lot of the content is only going to show up in this game (e.g. most of the enemies, the unlockable player units (I'm considering maybe making them unlockable through some means in War for Robovania, but don't get your hopes up), most (currently all) of the musics, the bosses (though there is a possibility of some/most them making some appearance in War for Robovania), level designs, etc.).
    • It's not exactly a traditional demo, but not exactly a shareware-style episodic game either, so I have no idea what else to qualify this as...
    • Another major difference between this and War for Robovania is the level structure: Levels in War for Robovania have 2 waves, a miniboss, 2 more waves, and then a boss. Levels in Robovania: Dark Rebellion have 5 waves, and then 1 boss instead.
    • Yes, Magneprism is a bit of a joke right now, even on Classic (his stage isn't so easy though). I plan on giving him a huge buff soon, enjoy the easy version of the fight while you can! Also, he currently he doesn't give you a unit (or at least not a properly-functioning one, and yes, the icon is a leftover from War for Robovania, I forgot to change it for this release (by the next release it will probably be implemented, BTW) ).
    • Lastly, just to emphasize this: Please feel free to give me feedback, positive or negative. There's no way I can improve either Robovania: Dark Rebellion or War for Robovania without feedback, after all!

And that's that!

Download and enjoy!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I've already started work on the next version, based on some feedback I've already received on it (thanks for the feedback, ZycroNeXuS!). As of now I've added tooltips, improved the first two waves of Magneprism's stage, and improved the Pulsebots to possibly have less of a seizure risk. What was already planned for the next version was to implement the unit unlocked by beating Magneprism, and to improve the battle against Magneprism, and one thing that was requested was to add an option to mute the music, and due to those not yet being implemented, the update won't come out yet. It will be coming as soon as those things are all done, though, which should be fairly soon.

That being said, there are basically no changes planned for Swordsplit's stage in the next version, so if you want to get a better feel for what the game is like, level-design-quality-wise, then that stage is probably a better one to look at. I already mentioned it was the more finished one anyways, so I guess that was kinda to be expected, but still, I just want to point that out. Feel free to play Magneprism's stage anyways, if you don't mind playing a level that's a bit more unfinished.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd be surprised how hard of a question that is to answer, due to the nature of this...

You see, it's a demo for the game, but the level designs, the enemies (with a few exceptions), the bosses, and the units you get are different, as are the musics and such.

I have no idea whether or not that makes it count as the same game or not, but I personally would say it's more like some of those older shareware games, where one episode was free and then there was a few episodes that were not.

It's...

I don't know what to qualify it as, to be completely honest, whether I should call it a demo or a separate-but-related game.

The reason I handled the demo/free version to let people try the game without buying it/free prequel/whatever this is this way is because just giving players a level or two from the full game wouldn't have sufficed, in my mind. It would be sort of like giving players one level from a MegaMan game: Due to the non-linear nature of the MegaMan series, it wouldn't really work.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So maybe we should use the previous thread, because in this area of the community it supposed to be one thread to game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I just had no idea whether or not it should qualify as the same game. I guess it does count as the same game, then, at least for the purpose of threads on here (even if I personally count it as a separate game, especially when it comes to updating it). Feel free to move it there if you want.

On a side note, I know this might not be the best time to ask (though it also might be the best time to ask as far as I know), have you tried the game out, by any chance?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New alpha!: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3P...d1TGZKMFk/view

Changes/Additions:

New unit: Prism Shielder
    • Unlocked after defeating Magneprism (if you've already beaten him, you're set)
    • Blocks attacks from the front, taking minimal damage
    • Has low health

New option: Mute music
    Added tooltips for when hovering your mouse over unit purchase buttons and upgrade buttons.
    Adjustment: Pulsebots now attack more slowly, due to potential seizure concerns they had before.
    Adjustment: Magneprism stage wave 1 and 2 had 2 enemies added to each of them to make them both less dull.
    Adjustment: Magneprism now deals damage based on difficulty (like normal enemies do), and the prisms now have a lot more hitpoints. The fight is still possibly a bit too easy, so expect it to get even harder in the next update!
    Adjustment: Musics changed to OGG files. Now the game is a WHOLE lot smaller!

I think that's all the major changes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And time for another new alpha!

Feature additions:

Can scroll using keyboard.
    The game now shows enemy locations a few seconds before each wave starts, to give the player a bit of time to react.

Bug fixes:

There seemed to be a minor display glitch with Swordsplit. It may not be fully fixed, I haven't tested yet, but it didn't really affect anything anyways, it just looked weird...

And that's it!

Download link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3P...BNeERJS00/view

Enjoy!

P.S. Thanks to ZycroNeXuS and BartekB for the feedback on the game so far! Keep it coming!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and if you like the game, feel free to spread the word! Make gameplay videos, tell friends, share the link on Facebook and/or Twitter, etc.
    If you don't like it, you can also feel free to tell people about the fact that you think it's bad.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it's time for another new version!

Changes and additions:
    Firing sound replaced with a (hopefully) better one, explosion sound improved and increase in volume.
    Magneprism demanded I give him more hitpoints, and, well, it's hard to reject a demand from someone who can throw you up against walls just because he feels like it.
    Magneprism also demanded I make his prisms stronger. Again, I accepted.
    Mangeprism also demanded that he deal at least a bit more damage. Accepted.
    Lastly, he demanded that he start with more prisms. Also accepted.
    Swordsplit pointed out to me that his beam saber's projectiles could phase through a unit at point blank range, so I fixed that (at least somewhat).
    Prism Shielder now deals a bit less damage.

And that's about it! Enjoy!

Download link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3P...NvSGRjWVU/view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast