User Tag List

Thread: loading sound files from an external folder

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loading sound files from an external folder

I am using a separate folder to store all my sound files, instead of adding them to Binary Data. This was done so the windows runtime version of my game can load files dynamically at runtime. Since all my code is set up to load external files by name (which is populated from a List of strings) it is not easy to go back in and add redundant code to load these files from Binary Data.

I am not able to get these sound files to load on device. I have added the folder of sound files to my project Resources manually in Xcode. Can anyone tell me if they have done something like this successfully? Or is it even possible?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just found a solution that appears to work in all formats. I've used the HTML5 object and media player objects before but struggled with Android and IOS.
    But you can select 'play a sample file on specific channel' and this allows you to enter an expression which can be any sound file string name.
    The first time I looked at this the option it was not available in MMF. Perhaps I had no samples available at the time.
    The files will need to be included in binary data and you can also select how you want these to be loaded in order to keep pre-load file sizes small.