User Tag List

Thread: HTML5 destroyed my game, why did it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTML5 destroyed my game, why did it?

I created a game that I spent weeks on

The problem is that some of the text is missing, has de-fonted (if that's even a word) and it has moved from it's original positioning. Other bugs such as the game not acting like it was in the original are also there.

Did I forget to include a vital object that stops this from occurring or did I just get unlucky?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The HTML5 runtime isn't exactly something I'd call flawless at this point. It's one of the newest MMF2/CF2.5 runtimes out there, so, while some games work pretty much perfectly out of the box, others simply don't work at all, and some others require some modifications to work right.

The text issue, yeah, string objects behave quite differently in every last non-windows runtime. It may not actually be a bug so much as some of the text being cut off because of the string object not being large enough, which may partially because of the font changing issue, or, as you put it, "de-fonting". I think that's possibly an issue of browser flat-out not supporting certain fonts. Another thing to keep in mind with that is the fact that any fonts that, say, didn't come with your computer, probably won't work right in browsers. So one solution to this may be to live with a different font that browsers actually do support, if that's what is causing it (it could also be that the HTML5 runtime always changes the font to a specific font to make things simpler when it comes to browser compatibility (it's also possible that the browser you are using doesn't support the font you are using come to think of it)).

Also, being more specific about "the game not acting like it was in the original" might help us better understand what's going on, and whether or not it's just a case of the HTML5 runtime having minor differences (and whether or not it's bugs in the HTML5 runtime). One potential example of "it's just a minor difference in the HTML5 runtime" is that the physics movements work ever-so-slightly differently in different runtimes.

If you can narrow down what's causing each issue, and if you're pretty sure the issues at hand are bugs and not minor quirks of the HTML5 runtime, you could report the bugs to the bug tracker here: http://bugbox.clickteam.com/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://gamejolt.com/games/dodgeball-forest/92614

That's the game, the original version is the download version and the web browser is the HTML5 version.