User Tag List

Thread: port game to Linux and Mac via NW.JS?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

port game to Linux and Mac via NW.JS?

Is it possible to port a fusion made html5 game to Linux or Mac via a wrapper such as node webkit (nw.js). I am asking because of the temptation to buy the html5 exporter.

It seems like html5 as a technology is the only way to get a fusion made game to run on linux or mac natively. But I am not sure if the way the game is compiled makes it possible to put in a wrapper. After going through the forum at one place someone reported issues that nobody suggested a way to fix, while on another place a clickteam member suggested to the user to buy another exporter and run it natively.

I understand that it is not in clickteam's interest to let people port their game easily to other platforms via html5, since that would be cannibalizing their iOS and Android markets.
    However my interest is not in developing my game to those, I just want to get it to run natively on linux in a way that doesnt require the user to open their web browser.
    So has anyone figured out a way to get the wrapper working with what fusion produces with the html5 exporter?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering this too!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

port game to Linux and Mac via NW.JS?

Phone Gap looks like what you need. I assume it would work but haven't gone down that path...yet