User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where can we set the Publisher value for built .exe?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can we set the Publisher value for built .exe?

I really need help figuring this one out!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go in the proprieties of the app
    Check this:
    Sans titre.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've filled that info out. When I check the properties of my built exe file, the publisher is still blank.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Publisher information on an EXE requires a digital certificate. You'll need to digitally sign the executable with a certificate (which would need to be purchased).

This answer might help:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...for-a-exe-file

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone actually digitally signed an exe created with Fusion? If so could they give some steps as to how to go about it, as Windows 10 seems to be more aggressive towards 'unknown publishers'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still very eager for a solution to this. lh37's article is great but a more streamlined process would be useful. There has to be a ton of MMF programs that have been signed and has those values entered.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, a tutorial on how to get a certificate and how to integrate it into a Fusion build would be extremely useful. It even seems as though we might be able to use a free certificate from the open source folks at http://www.cacert.org/. Is that possible? Any response would be great, even if it's a 'not possible to create a digitally signed exe with Fusion'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm pitching my program to various distributors and the same question has come up a few times "why is your program setting off the Windows security warning", "why does it say your program is potentially harmful". I really gotta figure something out

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You should be able to use any code signing tool thats built to sign EXE files.
    Not sure if you can use a free cert or not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've made it through the other side. I am now officially able to sign my own code, lending legitimacy to my programs. This was not a simple task. It costs money and you must reveal much of your personal information. If people are interested I can create a guide on this process.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast