User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: After 2 months of waiting... Android Exporter is still a train wreck... angry now...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation After 2 months of waiting... Android Exporter is still a train wreck... angry now...

Hello clickers,

I am slowly turning from a polite and humble little consumer to a complete douche bag (so I apologize in advance) because it's been a couple months and the Android Exporter does not export anything the way it appears on your PC.

Please review this video of what the game is suppose to look like and how it actually appears on my PC when building a .EXE file...
    https://youtu.be/xNEdqJIMYH0

As you can see there is a lot of zoom, zoom2, fade, and scrolling happening... ZERO of that works on the Android .APK files I have been testing...

but that's not all... Some animations freeze and lock up... thus preventing the stage select menu to be seen and also keeping some targets at a tiny size until the user shoots the target and the randomizer engines that I built put up new targets for the user to hit...

Also, I am using .ogg files and sometimes the audio gets cut off...

I NEED HELP (and no... not just get an email back from support saying "we are looking into it")... Yes, I need actual help from someone who has actually released an Android Game...

I'm willing to pay a consultation fee for your time...

After 400+ hours of working on this game.... I am just about 95% done with it but this is preventing me from releasing the game and making some kind return.

Thanks...

Respectfully,

Israel Chavez aka Robotica
    www.karma-soft.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zoom, Zoom2, Fade, and Scrolling? You mean transitions? If so, then, well, I'm sorry to say that those features will probably never be implemented (transitions never really have been ported to anything other than Windows, because, well, they're pretty much only there so older MFA files still work right at this point). They never have worked in Android (at all), and it's pretty much been heavily implied/directly stated that they probably won't be implemented in anything other than Windows, ever. I know, they're kinda useful, but there are ways around it (aside from some frame-changing transition effects, which unfortunately you may just have to live without (the ways around it for active object being to give objects proper animations for being created and destroyed, if that's what you're trying to do (if not, well, it's a bit trickier for frame transitions))).

The other issues (animations freezing and sounds getting cut off), now THOSE might be something for Clickteam to look in to (though there may be some settings to change that may help (especially with the sound issues), I don't off the top of my head remember what they could possibly be).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi greenfrog,

Thanks for the reply. It was mentioned to me halfway into my project that these transition features never worked in the past... had I known that I would have not purchased fusion or the android exporter... I would have chosen a different developer program.
    But after 400 hours of working on this product, now I'm stuck...

I've been given an example file by a really friendly clicker DaveC so I guess if I don't get a solid answer soon from "support" then I'll just have go and figure out all the transitions and spend more hours doing that...

As for animations freezing... I think it's happening due to sounds being played at the same time... but I am honestly not sure why the "Appearing" animations are freezing on android...

again... all works GREAT on PC... but when it gets exported to android it all turns into $#!&.

Not sure what to do at this point....

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to put all object with animations to one qualifier and do something like that: Animation "X" is over - > Animation -> restore animation sequence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Coldfire,

All my targets have animations... if I were to put them all into a new qualifier (secondary qualifier that is, because I already used a qualifier for randomizing the locations where they appear)... I'm not understanding what to do when animation appear is over... restore to what exactly??

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you port your game to Android you need a lot of optimisation. Keep in mind that on Windows you have superior CPU power and most times a dedicated GPU. Most importantly you have 2-4GB of RAM almost on every PC nowadays and that has been a standard for years now.

Take a look at the smartphones. Most casual devices have 512MB RAM and your game should not exceed more then 100mb at all. 1GB is more common right now, everything else is just a bonus.

Check the RAM usage both on your PC and the device and check if you run into any issues. Many devices have a developer mode which you can turn on to check your system resources etc. I have a couple of Android phones here for debugging games. Drop me a PM and I can check it out on various types from 256MB up to 2GB RAM.

One last thing. After seeing your trailer I think you could eventually make your game in 256 colors which will reduce overall memory usage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Vaxx,

Thank you so much for your reply! I have noticed that the debugger inside fusion never showed the ram above 124MB. It' was usually around 110MB.

Also, where exactly do I set it to 256 colors? If that would free up memory then maybe some objects won't freeze in the "Appear" animation I'm guessing. I would hope that's the case.

I will send you a PM. Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate your time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you do that be prepared what to do in advance because the change is inreversible:

1. You need at least one big sprite sheet with all your graphics. Pick a good graphics program and check if your game still looks OK with 256 colors. Some tools offer various color adjustments or mabye a color count. I wrote it because most of your frames have the same style and setting which could easily fit in the color range. Be prepared that some graphics might not look that good but there are good tools to convert your graphics.

2. Once you change the color in the program properties you have to reimport ALL of your graphics as 256 color files. Each file should use the same palette. Maybe you need to create one in advance. Is it a lot of work so you need to evaluate this in advance.

For testing you could copy your full project, change it to 256 color mode and export the apk with the probably messed up graphics. Just to check it out if it makes any difference. It could also be that some shaders will not work in low color mode.

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robotica, Just restore animation sequence take a look at attachments.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry Coldfire... I'm not following. The "appear" animation happens automatically... but sometimes it gets stuck...

If I set a condition saying "when animation APPEAR is over" -> "Restore animation", what exactly does that restore it to if once it's done playing then I don't need to show it anymore because the object has appeared?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast