User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: After 2 months of waiting... Android Exporter is still a train wreck... angry now...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think 256 colours would suit Robotica's project.. maybe the 32,768 would be fine. Frame Rate / Memory / Performance doesn't really seem to be an issue for him anyway.. if it were there's a lot of other things he could do first (optimize texture size (LOADS could be done there), turn off fine detection on most objects etc.)

I'm sure the animation issue would be an easy fix, it is annoying that there are differences between the Android / Windows runtimes, but all you can do is thoroughly test on both platforms throughout development so any differences you encounter you can work around right away.

There are definitely some quirks with sounds that have appeared with the Android run times sound handling that never used to exist... I was going to do some tests this past weekend but never got around to it.. if someone can isolate sound bugs it will be easier for Fernando to fix.

The transitions "zoom, zoom2, fade, and scrolling" can all be replicated with events like the example I sent you, you might just have to dig deep and work them into each frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help you with your current problems, but if you are developing for Android, you need to develop and test on Android during the entire building process since many of the features/functions of F2.5 either haven't been ported properly or react differently on Android. I have had years worth of work that is near useless because of unforeseen, unexplainable "bugs" (which are usually F2.5 programming oversights during porting certain things - not my fault at all). Looking at your game, it appears mostly simple so you should be able to figure how to get most of your things working on Android, but you can't just develop on a PC and then finally export to Android at the end - it is something that needs to happen from the very beginning, always testing on an actual device, not using the windows runtime for debugging.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave,

I'm going through right now and adding the conditions to have the multi-touch detector destroy objects instead... going through all frames to add that code since the touch sensitivity on android is no good when exporting... Should be done with that by tonight or tomorrow then I will be sure to add fade transitions per your example as well. Those fades shouldn't be too hard and then I look at the examples for scrolling since I do use that ever frame. Then... after I can focus on zoom and zoom2 since that's most heavily used in my app.... just another few dozen hours I guess since well... it seems like the only way...

Still no idea why some appear animations are freezing though...

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotica
    I'm sorry Coldfire... I'm not following. The "appear" animation happens automatically... but sometimes it gets stuck...

If I set a condition saying "when animation APPEAR is over" -> "Restore animation", what exactly does that restore it to if once it's done playing then I don't need to show it anymore because the object has appeared?
    In this case you can use Animation "X" is over - > Destroy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The is some things to taking on when you are developing to android exporter. I had problems with my current project in the past too, but I solved everything.

The big things that I did its changing from 1920x1080 to 1280x720, 16 million colors to 65536 colors and the most thing that Fernando aways says: Avoid creating objects....was much better to have 100 invisible objects already created on runtime, then when using, you put it visible, use and put invisible again than using creating object and destroying it....

Man, I already saw you project before, its looking amazing, dont give it up...
    I can see that you game it's very dinamic, those objects that it's appearing in the frame (the balls that you need to shoot for example)...are you creating it everytime? If yes, dont do it, put it invisible outside the frame, when you use it, put it visible again and use....use this method in everything that you are creating and destroying.....you will see a BIG difference.

And a tip: in you future projects, try to test on android exporter from the start, everytime..then you will not have a big bad surprise and a big list of things to change....otimize.

Best regards

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for helping out Dave and paobrasil.

I have been working on getting his request pushed thru but he doesn't seem to understand its not something that can be done in a couple weeks. Its going to take time and may or may not be possible.

Since this issue first popped the main solution was just event it.
    Hopefully you guys can lead him thru it as he doesn't have the time to wait and even then what if it can't be done (due to performance)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that the Exporters are is pretty much a tab in the project properties and a few extra objects. I'm fine with it now after months of working with it, but I am familiar with these kinds of frustrations; especially in the beginning.
    Would it be possible to just grey out all the functions, properties, events that are no longer possible when the project is set on a certain exporter? That way it's less likely to learn it the hard way.

By the way I love the design of this game. Don't give up on it.

[add] I'm never short on tips to reduce framedrops and now I'm reading this tip about changing the amount of colours. I have "Colour Reduction" toggled in my android property. Do you get an even better FPS if you manually reduce colours as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
    In this case you can use Animation "X" is over - > Destroy
    my objective is not to destroy it but just let it be... once it appears... I need it to stay there until the player shoots it. I will play with that type of conditions though and see what I can come up with. Thank you coldfire!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paobrasil View Post
    The is some things to taking on when you are developing to android exporter. I had problems with my current project in the past too, but I solved everything.

The big things that I did its changing from 1920x1080 to 1280x720, 16 million colors to 65536 colors and the most thing that Fernando aways says: Avoid creating objects....was much better to have 100 invisible objects already created on runtime, then when using, you put it visible, use and put invisible again than using creating object and destroying it....

Man, I already saw you project before, its looking amazing, dont give it up...
    I can see that you game it's very dinamic, those objects that it's appearing in the frame (the balls that you need to shoot for example)...are you creating it everytime? If yes, dont do it, put it invisible outside the frame, when you use it, put it visible again and use....use this method in everything that you are creating and destroying.....you will see a BIG difference.

And a tip: in you future projects, try to test on android exporter from the start, everytime..then you will not have a big bad surprise and a big list of things to change....otimize.

Best regards
    Hello Paobrasil,

Thank you so much for these tips. My project is 800x480 which is about the size of mobile phones so I don't think the size would be a reason for ram usage.

I will, however, try to find this option "color reduction" that Literwaters mentioned. (Thank you Literwaters)

Paobrasil, I currently am having the engines I wrote create the objects and then randomly send them to 1 of many random locations, this way each level will have different patterns every time to keep it interesting. If I find performance is bad then I will definitely go back and change the engines so that they are all created at the start of the frame and then they appear when teleported to their random locations. Thank you very much for your tips!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Robotica, I was just reading your post, Clickteam Fusion is actually really good at handling animation, I'm surprised you're having an animation issue.

If I understood correct,
    Some animations are freezing and .ogg files are not playing correctly.

Would you be able to build an example? I'll export to my Galaxy note to test it out, private message if you more comfortable.

For sounds, check out that the sample rate isn't too low.
    I use adobe audition to convert and a free sound converter when I just want a quick conversion.

check out these fre audio editors.
    http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/25-free...audio-editors/

or try this
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast