Simple Top Down grid snapped engine with 360 mouse direction

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Is there anybody that would like to help me create this engine. I need a game that is from the top down view. I want the movement grid snapped and the map to be 128 x 128 squares. I would like the movement of the player (forward, back, step left, step right) to be respective keys. Forward will always be the same key but the direction you walk and face will be determined by 360 mouse (sort of like car physics but with strife). I want the transitions between the grid squares to be smooth like "gridmovementwidget" so when you hold down walk the transition between the smooth grid movement becomes a a constant speed. (The player will only be walking in straight lines, but you use the mouse to turn a corner) The last thing is I need a event for each grid but from four directions. So a collision when the player enters a grid square from the north, south, east, and west squares.

Its very simple. I will then use obstacle squares to make a tunneled map.
    Is there anyone that is willing to help out in there spare time or would like to quote me a price for this, send me a private message.

Thanks it would be really appreciated

Edited once, last by VideoTV (September 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM).

• I'm a visual artist you see, I want to start importing and editing sprites. When it comes to build the enine I understand how it works I just don't know how to do any of it. That's why I'm looking for someone who is fluent at the simple things who can help with the project and do it quicker. Once the demo is complete I'm 100% convinced there will be investment and it will be a top selling game! I'm willing to pay someone, I feel it would be easier to find someone who's good at that aspect to I can concentrate on the sprites and the story. Can you help?

• I have all the elements of the engine figured out, it would take an hour of someone's time who knows what they're doing. I feel this could go on to spark a million dollar franchise and be as big as Rockstar games. It's very original. Come on people, there must be a "click" genius with a tiny bit of spare time who wants to take a risk. I'm a film maker and I have chosen fusion because I have a bit of experience with klik and play from when I was younger and feel at home with this software. The game will have a nostalgic feel and be simple, just with really cool sprites and backdrops.

• "I feel this could go on to spark a million dollar franchise and be as big as Rockstar games" it really sounds like you're trolling there.. "It's very original" and then "The game will have a nostalgic feel and be simple" -- it's not a great pitch.

If you are a talented artist, you might have better luck actually teaming up with or working on graphics for someone else's game.. then when you have a completed game on your resume, other people might be more interested in working with you on your idea...

You should at least post some samples of your artwork.

Check out my Game on Itch.io
    Please login to see this link.

• That's great advise but still I'm willing to hire a developer to make this very simple engine. There's a game called Snatcher and Policenauts by Hideo Kojima. Its a very simple engine but the graphics and sprites are whats original. I'm not particularly trying to pitch the game, the story and sprites will be enough for the game to be a success. Im not trying to pitch the story, i'm being vague because I wouldn't want someone who's better at developing to rip me off. Therefore I am trying to hire a developer to build a simple engine. That's why any help will be appreciated

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!